Poll: which one to choose....... sigh..
Poll Options
View poll results: which one to choose....... sigh..
Epiphone Valve Junior Combo
6 33%
Vox Pathfinder 15R
2 11%
Vox DA10
0 0%
Vox AD15or30VT
8 44%
Marshall MG15CDR
1 6%
Fender 25R Frontman Series II
1 6%
Voters: 18.
please give me ur opinions on a good practice amp. i'm having a really hard to time making up my mind. i'm pretty inclined to vox.

any other suggestions please name them
budget: 300SGD which is 212USD
I'm going to put a vote for no to the MG and the Frontman. I hear the Vox AD30VT is pretty good.

I've had the Frontman and the MG, and both were pretty terrible.

Depending on what you like, a Valve Junior is pretty good I hear, but I don't know what kind of gain it has. And I don't now about the others.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
okay i play classic rock. i forgot to mention that. i've been searching for led zeppelins tone, and i've recently got hooked on angus young's playing. i play a les paul
Epi VJ: Valve, so better overall quality of tone, but not that versatile. Perfect for classic rock though if you can turn it up a bit.

Vox Valvetronix: Very versatile, good range of effects. Has decent classic rock tones in it.

Marshall MG: Looks good for the whole classic rock thing, but sounds awful. Marshall didn't put their great tones into this amp at all; they just made the cheapest thing they could get to look like their good amps.

Fender Frontman: Nicer cleans than overdrive. Wouldn't get it if you plan to turn the gain up that far, but would make a fairly nice practice amp for jazz and lower-gain blues.
^I've never heard or experience that.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by DudeLove
is it true the valvetronix series has reliability issues?

I've never heard that, and I've had no problems with my Valvetronix since I bought it (January 2007)
Quote by DudeLove
is it true the valvetronix series has reliability issues?

i don't think so, i've had my valvetronix for over a year and it hasn't crapped out on me yet. it's build quality is pretty nice. feels solid.
well, harmony central had many bad reviews about its reliability.

vox users out there.. hows the vox pathfinder series? i've not tried one before but i'm really quite keen on that amp because of its cheap price
I've plugged into everyone of these except the DA 10 (i own the DA 20 and frontman). The Valve junior has better tone then all of them. Minimum get an EQ, then look at some OD pedals. If your looking for versatility you probably won't like the Vj on it's own, but with pedals it a greart little amp.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
I've plugged into everyone of these except the DA 10 (i own the DA 20 and frontman). The Valve junior has better tone then all of them. Minimum get an EQ, then look at some OD pedals. If your looking for versatility you probably won't like the Vj on it's own, but with pedals it a greart little amp.

Budget: 212 USD
The Epiphone Valve Jr. would be very nice, IF you can crank it. It's a bit to loud for most bedroom playing when cranked, but that depends on your personal situation.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by alexlemon2
Budget: 212 USD

My combo only cost $149. That and even a used multi for $60 or a $49 Bad Monkey would get you going.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I'd say the Epi VJ if you can crank it and/or have some pedals already to go with it. Best tone of the bunch.

If this is more of a starter amp, or something you hope to use for band practice or even small gigs, then I'd suggest you stretch a little for the Vox AD30VT. Those Valvetronix have decent tone, some usable effects, and the 30W model has the attenuator for low volume playing, and enough power for jamming when you need it.

The MG and Frontman pretty much suck.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.