im trying to play "NOFX - Seperation of church and skate"

and i can't seem to get the fast picking down. does pick thickness or string gauge affect this? i use a thin pick with 10 gauge strings on my strat. any tips?
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
Not that much, just practice with a metronome slowly and speed up.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
There's not really anything wrong with the strings or picks your using. But, try the picking with a thicker pick. There will be less give from the pick, and it might be a little easier. And of course, just practice the picking with a metronome.
it will be easier if you hold your pick a little bit sideways, so that you are not picking horizontaly on the strings. know what i mean , Vern ?
What i find also helps is angleing the pick slightly. It helped me to play pal muted noted for metal songs. It works, but be careful not to get the notes pinched (as in a pinch harmonic) because it's at an angle. Like everyone else says, practise. thicker pick does help, strings don't really matter, it's the technique that counts.
aight i'll keep tryin thanx guys
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40