Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but for the past few days, whenever I stop playing guitar and stretch out my left arm, the elbow joint always aches, but it doesn't ache while my arm's bent. Is this normal and should I just keep playing until it goes away or should I not play for a few days or something?

Also, my mum and sister said it might be a nervous thing or something cause like the other day apparantly I was doing air guitar in my sleep lol but um yeah what's up with my arm?
Curses...i have nothing of interest to write in this here place.
Quote by GunsN'tallica
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but for the past few days, whenever I stop playing guitar and stretch out my left arm, the elbow joint always aches, but it doesn't ache while my arm's bent. Is this normal and should I just keep playing until it goes away or should I not play for a few days or something?

Also, my mum and sister said it might be a nervous thing or something cause like the other day apparantly I was doing air guitar in my sleep lol but um yeah what's up with my arm?

I'd say get a doctor to look at it. Have you been lifting weights with your left arm, or do you just play guitar?

Also, the air guitar in your sleep means that you want to rock and roll all night, instead of sleeping. Give that a try.
air guitar in your sleep? that is awesome. we gotta dedicated player rite here
Originally Posted by bchoun
Whenever I went to take a dump, I would sit on the toilet facing the tank. I always thought the tank was an arm rest so I would rest my arms on it.
Quote by -Blue-
I'd say get a doctor to look at it. Have you been lifting weights with your left arm, or do you just play guitar?

Also, the air guitar in your sleep means that you want to rock and roll all night, instead of sleeping. Give that a try.

in addition to the rock and roll all night, try partying every day, that should clear it up
Gear nut
Quote by mrryan
in addition to the rock and roll all night, try partying every day, that should clear it up

nice one maybe you should see a doctor?
Quote by metacarpi
I get called a slut all the time, and I'm a dude.

It's probably nothing. Take a break for a day and see if it stops aching. But if it does continue or get any worse go see a doctor. It could possibly tennis elbow (omg that sucks I've had it...tennis elbow) but I doubt it.
Quote by isaachary
It's probably nothing. Take a break for a day and see if it stops aching. But if it does continue or get any worse go see a doctor. It could possibly tennis elbow (omg that sucks I've had it...tennis elbow) but I doubt it.

I took a day off from guitar yesterday lol and it started hurting again today
Curses...i have nothing of interest to write in this here place.
Quote by GunsN'tallica
I took a day off from guitar yesterday lol and it started hurting again today

To the doctor with you!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
sounds like cancer
Originally Posted by bchoun
Whenever I went to take a dump, I would sit on the toilet facing the tank. I always thought the tank was an arm rest so I would rest my arms on it.
Quote by FileDeleted
sounds like cancer

GTFO, cancer jokes belong in your own mind or possibly in the pit, the same place as unhelpful replies.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by FileDeleted
sounds like cancer

Elbow cancer?

If you're playing right-handed, it might have to do with your position or something. Does it hurt while playing? If you're playing lefty, pick more with your wrist and try to avoid tension in your arm/elbow.

Take a few days off, and see if it still hurts. If it does go see a doctor, if it doesn't,
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.