Hey there fellow UG users.
Here the other day i bought a ENGL screamer E330 50 watt combo, after playing on it for about a week I dont feel satisfied with it.. it has a way to "sharp tone" on the clean channel, and the distortion feels a little to weak. So im going to take it back and get me another.. So before im gonna do something "stupid" again I wanted some of you guys opinion.

I want something that has a really mellow relaxing clean tone, and something that at the same time has a really hard metal distortion.. but since that could turn out to be hard to find I was thinking about using just the clean chan, and buy one awesome metal pedal to use instead of the build in distortion. allthough I dont know whats best.

I mainly play: Arch Enemy - Lamb Of God - Trivium - Chimaira - Metallica

I play alot without insane distortion to, and i got an acoustic guitar that i want to play some more relaxing songs on, thats why the clean channel have to be pretty good to.

Ive bin looking at(since i noticed Trivium and Chimaira uses it):
Peavey 6505 or 6505+ with a Marshall cabinet.
but what would you guys recomend for a guy with my taste of music ?
save up for a second hand engl powerball and a 412 cab with V30's
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
any chance you could tell me a little about why that would be the amp for me ?
because i recently played with a band whose guitarist was using that set up, he had the gain on less than half way and room was shaking. it DEFINITELY has the overdrive you're looking for.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Okay thanks ill take a look at that, anyone else got some good sugestions ?
Im going to get my money back tomorrow, so If anyone have any sugestions, please.
I'm personally looking into getting a Line 6 Spider Jam 75W 1x12 Combo amp. It has 6 different channels, with 2 different settings for each. They are: Clean, Twang, Blues, Crunch, Metal, and Insane. It also includes a foot pedal that has volume and wah control, and some effects, like phaser, echo, delay, and more. You can also record what you play on it, so you can listen to what you just played or you can solo over it. It has plenty of drumbeats recorded onto it, also.
I've tried it, and I personally like the insane, metal, twang, and crunch channels, which are really the only ones I tried.

MusiciansFriend's Page For It
Quote by ZOMBIExx
I'm personally looking into getting a Line 6 Spider Jam 75W 1x12 Combo amp. It has 6 different channels, with 2 different settings for each. They are: Clean, Twang, Blues, Crunch, Metal, and Insane. It also includes a foot pedal that has volume and wah control, and some effects, like phaser, echo, delay, and more. You can also record what you play on it, so you can listen to what you just played or you can solo over it. It has plenty of drumbeats recorded onto it, also.
I've tried it, and I personally like the insane, metal, twang, and crunch channels, which are really the only ones I tried.

MusiciansFriend's Page For It

This is most definately NOT helpful.
That's a [crappy tone] practice amp.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
This is most definately NOT helpful.
That's a [crappy tone] practice amp.

Really? Cause I think it has a really good tone. :/
So do all the people who reviewed it on MF, and the people I know who have them.
Last edited by ZOMBIExx at Aug 19, 2008,
Quote by ZOMBIExx
Really? Cause I think it has a really good tone. :/
So do all the people who reviewed it on MF, and the people I know who have them.

You think that someone with an Engl Screamer would downgrade to a line 6 spider?
Line 6 spiders are terrible amps.
I dont want no spider thanks but Ive bin thinking about just finding an AMP with a amazing warm clean, and just buy a distortion pedal... because i want some clean for some really melodic stuff, and still distortion for when i play aggresive metal, and thats pretty hard to find in the same amp.
check out a splawn quickrod or nitro, they're both amazing amps with iamazing overdrive and the cleans are actually pretty solid
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile