....I need specialized answers. A very good friend of mine told me he would sell me his Mesa/Boogie Dual Rec. to me for $800, this guy is a guitar tech for some bands around here so I trust that the amp is in great condition.

I have heard that Mesa/Boogies break down quite often and that you have to work on them all the time, so if this was true should I buy from my friend and not worry about it? I have also taken into consideration that the warranty will be void seeing I would be the second owner.

If I shouldn't buy it from him seeing I am on a budget is the B-52 AT-100 all it is made up to be? I have played it and thought it was great for my finance range, but that was the only time I have found one to play.
Quote by RocknRollRay
If you make a clone of yourself, then have sex with yourself,

Is it incest or masturbation?
Quote by wtf290
It's not incest, but it's not masturbation.
It'd be closer to incest than masturbation, but I don't think there's a word for it.
Quote by ScottElwood
Incesturbation?
Quote by Rocknroller309
I have heard that Mesa/Boogies break down quite often and that you have to work on them all the time, so if this was true should I buy from my friend and not worry about it? I have also taken into consideration that the warranty will be void seeing I would be the second owner.

Where'd you hear that?
i would definatly buy it.

I own one and it has never broke down.

aslong as you dont treat it like ****.

just respect your tubes and they will last quite a while. for the price your mate wants that is a bloody good buy. does it include the cab?
Gear:

Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
Morley Pro Series Wah/Volume/Distortion
t.bone wireless system.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Where'd you hear that?

From previous Mesa amp owners.

and to answer you tilinmyowngrave I have a temporary cab, my parents bought me the Peavey Windsor half stack for christmas without my consent. I was happy that they would do something that nice but it isn't what I was looking at getting I was actually looking at a 112 combo. But after I buy a head I plan on saving for a Marshall 1960B cab so you see what I mean by temporary.

EDIT: Hahaha I never really answered your question, no it doesn't include the cab.
Quote by RocknRollRay

Quote by wtf290
It'd be closer to incest than masturbation, but I don't think there's a word for it.
Quote by ScottElwood
Incesturbation?
Last edited by Rocknroller309 at Aug 18, 2008,
well thats a good price... i payed $3000 for my half stack. well... £1550 cause im english.

i have never had a problem with it. i would suggest making sure your cab is the best you can afford, because if you get a head like that, you wont get the best out of it unless you have a good cab to go with it yeah?

but seriously, thats a wicked price.
Gear:

Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
Morley Pro Series Wah/Volume/Distortion
t.bone wireless system.
cool thanks
Quote by RocknRollRay

Quote by wtf290
Quote by ScottElwood
Incesturbation?
The warranty is transferable on Mesas so it wouldn't be void. Unless of course it's old enough that the the warranty is expired.