hi im looking to buy an electric guitar to play all the heavy metal songs i listen to on. Right now i have a takamine accoustic which as im sure u know makes it pretty hard to play heavy metal music. I play my takamine quite often but when u cant even solo its kinda of hard to play heavy metal. so i was just wondering if anyone out there had any advice on.

good brands for heavy metal guitars

wut parts are good for a heavy metal guitar

and any other details i should know about before hand

BTW my price range is around 400-1000 $

thanks in advance
      I would suggest just going to music shops and trying out gear. You never know what sound you will get out of what instrument- you could discover something you really like. I try to be open-minded when it comes to trying out gear. Good luck
      like said, look at amps first.

are you in a band?

if not then solid state is probably a safe start.
      randall or roland cube.

as for the guitar,
      did you want a floyd bridge?

if you think you can handle a high maintenance, harder to set up bridge like a floyd, then check out ibanez guitars. you'll need to venture into the intermediate level models.
      there's nothing worse than a cheap floyd.
      Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
      Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
      ESP all the way my friend. look for one with a high output humbucking pickup and a floyd rose (if u wanna solo alot). but stay away from the licensed floyd rose and the edge III
      Gear
      Ibanez RG2EX2
      Epiphone Les Paul
      Fender Strat
      Homemade EVH
      Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
      its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
      at the moment i just have a rental amp. it a traynor guitar mate 20.
      ok so, then if you're at home, mostly hanging out in ur room playing, then a roland cube 30, will be perfect.
      it's got effects and works well for high gain tones.

if you want something bigger and crave just metal tones then check out randall amps.

as for the guitar, make sure you try out floyd and TOM bridges. pick your favorite for ur style of play.
      Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
      Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
      i agree with the cube 30....
      for a guitar with a floyd i would look into jacksons with out floyd ESP. But you should still try out the other brands....
      k thanks il go check those out.

BTW i was wondering if an ibanez RG370DX would be a good starter?
      Your price range is quite large....

Id say The Best thing is to get a good guitar and good amp.
      Id recomend an intermideiate ibanez, a fixed bridge is good to start out.
      One of these will work...
      http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG3EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar?sku=519784

This leaves a good amount of money torwards a good amp for metal.
      If playing by yourself I agree a solid state amplifier is good for lowish volumes to medium volumes, but if you plan on playing with a drummer or others a tube amp is great for that.

For Solid state -
      http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-60-Guitar-Amp?sku=480197

For Tubed -
      http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442
      The valveking seems a much too recomended suggestion but ive tried it out and it CAN get enough gain for heavy and deathmetal.
      In my opinion for metal you cant go wrong with an ibanez RG theyre great and realy versatile