After getting my last virus and wiping my computer I was wondering if anybody knew of any free software that could scan files for viruses.
spybot
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Avg.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by hell_monkey
spybot

...not exactly antivirus

(but you should use it anyway)

That being said
Avira
AVG
searchbar
I'd recommend that you buy a good anti virus *COUGH* torrents *COUGH*...
sup?
Quote by ldl67
I'd recommend that you buy a good anti virus *COUGH* torrents *COUGH*...

Normally I'd agree with that
But if you're going to BUY an anti-virus, you should BUY it and not torrent it, only for the fact that for the most part, if you download it, you can't get updates.
Like McAfee
Quote by identityxcrysis
But if you're going to BUY an anti-virus, you should BUY it and not torrent it, only for the fact that for the most part, if you download it, you can't get updates.
Like McAfee

Torrent a new version before it gets too old?
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley

Clicky --->
I suggest buying windows onecare. Worked wonders for me when I used windows.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by Wigert
Torrent a new version before it gets too old?

Yes but you're still missing all the virus database updates between different versions.
The people who put the software up aren't going to put out a new torrent with each database update, they're just way to frequent. So even if you download it with the latest updates, within a few days your database will be out-of-date and you'll be susceptible again.
Quote by identityxcrysis
Yes but you're still missing all the virus database updates between different versions.
The people who put the software up aren't going to put out a new torrent with each database update, they're just way to frequent. So even if you download it with the latest updates, within a few days your database will be out-of-date and you'll be susceptible again.

New threats do NOT evolve THAT fast.

Quote by SkyValley

Clicky --->
Quote by identityxcrysis
Like McAfee

McAfee isn't worth downloading for free, let alone paying for it.

EDIT:
Quote by identityxcrysis

Only noobs can't get updates for free.
sup?
Quote by Wigert
New threats do NOT evolve THAT fast.

People make viruses all the time.
it doesn't matter how fast they're evolving as compared to how fast updates are being made
Remember, that includes anything from program updates to spam filter updates, malware, adware, spyware, worms, viruses, and every other little thing.
Quote by ldl67
McAfee isn't worth downloading for free, let alone paying for it.

EDIT:
Only noobs can't get updates for free.

I liked McAfee
Especially since they gave me a free 6 months because I ignored their "YOUR TIME IS RUNNING OUT" thing

And I guess I'm a noob =\