Although practically all I saw on the program I knew already, I still found it really good to watch. The annoying thing is that Dawkins is so practical and logical in his debates with others, it's so fucking annoying to see others being so shallow, closed minded, pathetic and patronising. See - stupid blonde bitch towards the beginning. Religious fanatics like that really get on my tits.

But anyway, great ending I thought, and him reading the comments from his laptop in his posh voice was fucking hilarious. Dawkins is a lad. However, Rowan Williams does rival him on awesome voices.

Discuss.
is it a coincidence that the word tissue sounds like a sneeze?
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
My favourite part was the car chase in the end.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
You might as well have gone to the Creationism vs Evolution thread with this....
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by BloodMoon666
You might as well have gone to the Creationism vs Evolution thread with this....

nah, i reckon the fact that it's a TV show, means it deserves it's own thread
I'm going to watch it OD tomorrow - I rather like Dawkins. Even if he is a bit of a twat.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by adr11iano
nah, i reckon the fact that it's a TV show, means it deserves it's own thread

Don't play with sarcasm, boy!!!

Thy shall go to ye olde hell!..eth??
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

What channel? Did you see him on " The Big Questions"? He absolutely mercked the fools. Amazing.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Actually I didn't really want to discuss much, I just wanted to rant about how much that blonde woman pissed me off and how much Dawkins owns.
meh, i wouldn't like it. i don't believe in evolution. i only have three channels anyway though, so yeah. i probably watch less than an hour of TV each year. maybe not even a half hour.
Quote by Chubbychunks
Actually I didn't really want to discuss much, I just wanted to rant about how much that blonde woman pissed me off and how much Dawkins owns.

Make/join the Dawkins owns all group, I'm in with ya. BTW deffo search Dawkins and Big Questions on Youtube it's so good.
Yeah. Dawkins is a reference for evolution. He owned so much creationnists, it's not even funny.

I love that dude.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I saw the last 20 minutes, and all I learnt is that Richard Dawkins is a pretensious, smug, miserable, unpleasant ****. It was practically all about his hate for faith and religion, and barely focused on Darwin at all. He talks about why everyone should stop their 'petty beliefs', but if they all did, he would finally have to stop raping the long dead corpse of his book. Religion is here to stay. Get ****ing used to it.
HYPOCRITE OPPORTUNIST

Quote by frottage
meh, i wouldn't like it. i don't believe in evolution. i only have three channels anyway though, so yeah. i probably watch less than an hour of TV each year. maybe not even a half hour.

You should watch it, it might change your mind You can beleive in both God and Evolution.
Quote by Nugi
You should watch it, it might change your mind You can beleive in both God and Evolution.

How? Evolution is so brilliant because it explains why a god is not necessary for it all to happen.
Quote by Nugi

yeah, some dude at my old church believes in both. if i had TV, i guess i'd watch it after all. i still don't think i'd believe it though. i'm not trying to be close-minded or anything, but i just don't believe in evolution on as large of a scale as most people who believe in it probably do.
Quote by Cal UK
How? Evolution is so brilliant because it explains why a god is not necessary for it all to happen.

Oh it's easy, they just have to ignore even larger sections in the Bible, that or take them 'metaphorically'.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Quote by Encyclopedia
Oh it's easy, they just have to ignore even larger sections in the Bible, that or take them 'metaphorically'.

Oh of course yes sorry, honestly me and my silly brain. [/Intentional brain irony.]
Quote by Chubbychunks

+1

"It didn't rain until Noah."

That was a new one.

Quote by (For A Film)
I saw the last 20 minutes, and all I learnt is that Richard Dawkins is a pretensious, smug, miserable, unpleasant ****. It was practically all about his hate for faith and religion, and barely focused on Darwin at all. He talks about why everyone should stop their 'petty beliefs', but if they all did, he would finally have to stop raping the long dead corpse of his book. Religion is here to stay. Get ****ing used to it.

The first program focussed on Darwin, the second on evolution itself and this one was about the religious "challenge". I think you should shut the fuck up.

Quote by frottage
meh, i wouldn't like it. i don't believe in evolution.

You should've watched it. You might have like, seen sense and stuff.

Quote by Nugi

Only if you're willing to ignore huge parts of the bible and basically cripple your entire faith.

Back on topic: I thought the programs were pretty good. It's worrying that the people he interviews are considered to be knowledgable as well and are quite important creationists. That "science teacher" was a dumbass too. Should be fired.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by magnus_maximus

Did you listen to what he said, at all?

Yes, but I dont agree with it? I'm a spiritual person, and I have enough experiences to convince me that God exists. I hardly believe in the same God as most Americans do though..
Last edited by Nugi at Aug 18, 2008,
^Well yeah, but I don't think that's what he's relying on to look smart. He kind of leaves that to the fact that he's a Professor at Oxford University and is a highly respected evolutionary biologist.

Quote by magnus_maximus
It's hardly his fault, it's the system in which he was raised. Ironically, even the teachers are afraid to try and impress the truth onto religious pupils who refuse to acknowledge the existance of whatever, be it Gravity or Evolution.

I did love his line
"Those that doubt gravity should jump out a tenth floor window"

I mean the chemistry teacher who was a creationist. I do understand why the others were reluctant to challenge religion. Although I still think they should have.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Chubbychunks
The guy with the God t-shirt?

"And god said let there be light:

*bunch of equations*

Genesis whatever:whatever"

That was his shirt.

Dude needed a bitchslap.

Oscar Wilde
It was a **** documentary.

I don't disagree with the man but it was boring as **** and half of it wasn't about the genius of charles darwin.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
It was a **** documentary.

I don't disagree with the man but it was boring as **** and half of it wasn't about the genius of charles darwin.

*Meths bitchslaps meh!*

It was in three parts. First one was about Darwin, 2nd about evolution and the 3rd about bible-humping lunatics.

Oscar Wilde
Oh.

So that's how he strung it out

( was still boring)
I'll never sush, never I say!
Richard Dawkins is an egomaniacal wanker who sounds smart when arguing for evolution because evolution is right and the people who argue against it are idiots. I would have a lot more respect for him if he'd stay out of religion and philosophy.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
Richard Dawkins is an egomaniacal wanker who sounds smart when arguing for evolution because evolution is right and the people who argue against it are idiots. I would have a lot more respect for him if he'd stay out of religion and philosophy.

Why should be remain out of religion? Dawkins does not see himself as much of a Philosopher and has admitted that and that he's under read.

He has facts and reasons behind his premises. He has said himself he'd never want to remove religion from someone who may find it comforting, but he argues against creationists for a good reason. He hates the idea of people crippling the subject which he has spent his life's work on. Look at America. When 40% of a country believe in evolution and only half of their scientists are American born, that's enough of a problem.
Quote by Meths
Only if you're willing to ignore huge parts of the bible and basically cripple your entire faith.

the first 2 pages?
Quote by magnus_maximus

Did you listen to what he said, at all?

"There cannot be many different truths, all equally correct". If you believe in one, it inherently compromises the other belief system. If you believe in both religion and Darwinism, you're ultimately trying to 'have your cake and eat it', trying to shove the answer to one question into a different context, sort of.

Thats total rubbish. Evolution doesn't negate the possibility of a god at all. And who calls it 'Darwinism'? Many ideas now apply in evolutionary science that weren't first posseted by Darwin. Not to meantion, further to my first point, that Darwin was Christian.

Quote by Encyclopedia

Where does it say that the creation story isn't an analogy?
I like Dawkins.

People who don't tend to be people who don't like the fact that he's incredibly well learned in science and theology and pretty much has an answer for any and all crap thrown his way.

Dawkins isn't actually all that anti-religion, he's anti indoctrination. Reigion isn't (for the most part) perpetrated through choice of its followers, but inheritance of parental beliefs.

Dawkins would prefer people were educated and allowed to choose for themselves at a reasonable age rather than having the fear of God instilled in them at a point where their world extends no farther than their neighbourhood.

I missed tonights programme as I was in Stanstead catching a flight home but I'll watch the stream tomorrow.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I like Dawkins.

People who don't tend to be people who don't like the fact that he's incredibly well learned in science and theology and pretty much has an answer for any and all crap thrown his way.

Dawkins isn't actually all that anti-religion, he's anti indoctrination. Reigion isn't (for the most part) perpetrated through choice of its followers, but inheritance of parental beliefs.

Dawkins would prefer people were educated and allowed to choose for themselves at a reasonable age rather than having the fear of God instilled in them at a point where their world extends no farther than their neighbourhood.

I missed tonights programme as I was in Stanstead catching a flight home but I'll watch the stream tomorrow.

Yes I find that the worst part of religion, indoctrination. Parents frighten there children with stories of hell and all this other garbage. Good example of this is the christian guitarists group thread on barack, they claim he's the anti-christ, or there evoloution thread, they repeat the same garbage creationist points that have been proven wrong already yet they stand buy it. There's also a thread in there about if it's a sin to listen to music with swear words in it because there afraid if they listen to them they'll go to hell...