Topic. Haha I will change my pups in my v soon and i was thinking about high gain one. ( i play metal that logic )
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
I haven't had any problems with my EMGs.
Go whichever; they look practically identical. It's kind of like Coke and Pepsi - there's not a huge difference to be seen.
Blackouts seem to have more headroom than EMG's even with the 18v mod.
They both are great pickups though and you can't go wrong with either
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
It's a matter of preference really, see if you can try both sets out before you buy.

If it helps I love my Blackouts, and much prefer them to EMGs.
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
I like EMG, but I haven't tried Blackouts. EMGs have a really good high output that actually manage to sound great even on maximum distortion. But I play thrash, melodeath and core so i wouldn't know about your preferences.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
They seem pretty comparable, i have had no problems with my emg's though, they actually sound great, clean and distorted. I have heard somewhere that blackouts have a smaller battery life though.
Aren't blackouts passive o.0
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
From what I've heard, and from what I've played, EMG's will cover up your mistakes a little more. I guess because they're like 14db quieter then the EMG's..
Quote by Pinky19
Aren't blackouts passive o.0

Do you live under a rock? Blackouts are definitely active.

To me Blackouts sound better than EMGs but personally I wouldn't go with either because I'm not a fan of active tone.
Quote by i_am_metalhead

To me Blackouts sound better than EMGs but personally I wouldn't go with either because I'm not a fan of active tone.

for me I'd never want active because IMO I HATE having those plastic covers on the back of my guitar, i want a smooth back, or just a tremolo opening, none of those 3 different plastic cover junk
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by i_am_metalhead

I heard someone say they were passive.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
For metal, get the Blackouts Metal.

Definitely active.
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme
BC Rich Wave
BC Rich Virgin 7-string (w EMG 707s)
Parker Fly Deluxe Hardtail
Gibson Sonex (Blackouts Metal and EMG 89)

Guitar Rig
Ableton Live
Quote by danyellenik
for me I'd never want active because IMO I HATE having those plastic covers on the back of my guitar, i want a smooth back, or just a tremolo opening, none of those 3 different plastic cover junk

Then get a none active guitar, slap some actives in it and throw the battery in the compartment. Thats how both of mine are setup..

As for the debate its all prefrence...
for the metal tone the SD AHB-1 or SD AHB-2's will suit you fine.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Also my EMG's are switchable from 9 to 18 volts so that opens up the versatility ten fold for me. If im doing my own thing 18 volts for a unique tone and if im playing metallica 9 volts and its an exact replica...