Finally found a Tech 21 Sansamp Bass Driver in my area. Just over $200, can't go wrong. To bad the thing doesn't have a mid control, oh well, the EQ pedal will help out there. Does anyone here have one of these bad boys?
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
What is it? Distortion?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
IT'S A...

amp?!

got me all hyped up, thinking you'd actually had a child. Then again, what would that be doing on the bass forum anyway?
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Quote by wouldyakindly
IT'S A...

amp?!

...No.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Sansamps are very awesome, i know theres not mid control but in all honesty it has the mids at an almost perfect level (for me at least) if you want to boost some mids use your bass. i pretty much cut through in a jam session with one VERY loud drummer and a medium guitar with only 20 watts. the sansamp increases vol a lot. great tone too.
Quote by thedonutman
"Sans" means without in (french?), if that's a clue.

It's basically a preamp/DI box.

i feel really stupid i've had the sans-amp and never even dissected the title. ironically i plug it into an amp however when i eventually get my home recording studio finished ill probably go direct in.
I believe it adjusts the mids as you change the bass and treble. It might also change the compression level depending on the amount of drive level. Thats what a lot of expensive, high quality, pedals do. I never was a fan of its pushed tones but I like my bass distortion mean and unforgiving... thats why i got an EBS valvedrive
Quote by esposito123
I believe it adjusts the mids as you change the bass and treble. It might also change the compression level depending on the amount of drive level. Thats what a lot of expensive, high quality, pedals do. I never was a fan of its pushed tones but I like my bass distortion mean and unforgiving... thats why i got an EBS valvedrive

espostio is right i remember reading it in the manual, i cant say much for the drive because i like a clean tone ( I MEAN THERES 2 DISTORTED GUITARS ALREADY!!!)
The lack of a mid control isn't that big of a deal to me. I already have a Boss GEB-7 EQ pedal and my tone is fairly middy as is. If more is needed the EQ pedal will help. I'm going to be picking it up tommorrow, can't wait.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Quote by thedonutman
"Sans" means without in (french?), if that's a clue.

It's basically a preamp/DI box.

Why you are correct my good sir. (I'm a junior this year and taking French 3) And, to the TS: Congratulations on choosing to buy this. It should be a good purchase!
Just picked up the pedal yesturday. Have yet to play it through my main rig because I keep my main stuff at my drummers house where my band practices. Today I will be giving it a good run. Playing it in the store yesturday, the thing sounded dope.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Good choice the sansamp bass drive was the only overdrive pedal I ever thought sounded real. Every other overdrive pedal i bought felt fake almost like the sound was being played over my natural bass tone but this thing makes it sound amazing.
Rickenbacker 4003
Carvin 210 Neo
Ampeg V4BH
I have a question about this bass driver. It says in the manual that if I want to run it as a pre amp and totally bypass my amps preamp I have to plug my cable into the effects return. Thats all fine, but I also have two other pedals I still use, my GEB-7 Eq pedal and a tuner. So my question is, when connecting the bass driver to the effects return slot, can i also have my other Eq pedal and tuning pedal in that same line.

Thanks.....
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Sure,
You can run them all into the effects return.Sans-Amp Bass drivers are Great! Very nice/warm tone at volume. I used just a Nady Wireless and SansAmp at the Whiskey A go-go in Hollywood and the soundman loved it. No amp/mic hassles,it makes a great backup"amp"if your rig should fail. It should be required in all Bass players gig-bags!
80s BC Rich Warlocks,Ironbird,Bich with EMGs
80s Squire P with Mirror Pickguard and a Kahler Tremelo!
80s Magenta(Hot Pink!) Ibanez RD707
80s Aria ZZB Zebra Explorer
80s Kramer Ferrington Acoustic
AMPEG 6pro
AMPEG 8x10,AMPEG 4x10 HLF
Last edited by randall justice at Aug 20, 2008,
Thanks man, it is indeed a great little device.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp