I'm going into high school next year. I'm wanting to start a band. I influence

The Buzzcocks
Nirvana
GnR
The Clash
Bromhead Jackets
Arctic Monkeys

How could I advertise. I am a guitarist, and through the summer I'm writing material. How could I get a drummer, bassist, and a singer? Ways of advertising?
making friends, talking about music, asking around who plays an instrument, get friends to learn to play, etc etc etc
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Put up posters, ask around...
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
You could start by going over to the Bandleading forums...
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Stick mini posters around the place, meet new people who could be into getting a band together, you know, basicly do something.
Dude, if you've influenced all those bands, people should be lining up to play with you.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
It's always much more fun to play with friends or people you know. if you just pick any person who can play and it turns out that they are a dick then things are going to suck!
Go to the music dept. talk to some of the people there, or people in your classes who appear to have similar tastes in music as you, especially if they play an instrument etc etc... Also in my school, in english class we had to do a presentation kinda thing to the class, if you have to do that, tell people you ar einternetsed in music and want to form a band...

GOOD LUCK!

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
When I went to highschool (last year) I didn't no anyone that played any instruments either. Somehow through the power of rock and roll I was drawn to the ones that did.
1. find out who plays instruments
2. ask them to be in a band
3. ?????
4. Profit
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by slaptasticdave
1. find out who plays instruments
2. ask them to be in a band
3. ?????
4. Profit

That's one of the few times i've seen that meme really work.

Also, take music classes. Theory, Jazz, and history if they have them.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Dude, if you've influenced all those bands, people should be lining up to play with you.

+1

I got 99 problems and they all bitches
Quote by Cammeh
I'm going into high school next year. I'm wanting to start a band. I influence

The Buzzcocks
Nirvana
GnR
The Clash
Bromhead Jackets
Arctic Monkeys

How could I advertise. I am a guitarist, and through the summer I'm writing material. How could I get a drummer, bassist, and a singer? Ways of advertising?

You influenced Nirvana and GnR? Goddamn those are serious accomplishments.
****, you're pretty young to be on this forum. Also, you're pretty young to start a band, tbh. There won't be many good musicians who play non-classical music at your age. Give it till about 14, then start one. And you'll know/find out who plays what instruments in your year, so you can just ask them.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT