Page 1 of 2
Why do people hate Gibson? I don't understand it they are expensive compared to Fenders but why? why? why? why? Metalheads prefer Ibanez and Jackson but why??
Overrated and overpriced imo.

Simple as
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
because they are made of babies.

honestly. why do you care if someone doesnt like a guitar brand.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
jackson necks are better suited for metal/ shred players, although it is personal preference..
although, in my experience the neck on my jackson is much faster than my EPI LP.epi though
and with a gibby, u pay for name brand.
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
I love my gibby for metal.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Overrated, overpriced, overhyped.
A higher end epiphone beats a low end gibson at the same price.
You're essentially paying hundreds of dollars more for the name.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I don't hate the guitars, I hate the insane price tags on them. Sure Gibson's are USA made and they have great materials and are handcrafted. Still...how the f*ck do you justify selling guitars for $2500 for an average model?
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by snazzyness
Boredom just curious. Why do you care that i care???

because i remember when there used to be accessory questions, in accessories.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

you sound like a retard that is crying hysterically that someone poked fun at overrated and overpriced guitars? why do people choose others for metal? wow people dont have preferences!?!??!
I know of some people who don't like Gibsons simply because they "aren't metal enough".. But yeah. I still prefer Jacksons =P
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by jj1565
because i remember when there used to be accessory questions, in accessories.

I'm sorry if I upset you. I hope you get over it.
Quote by kayman121
you sound like a retard that is crying hysterically that someone poked fun at overrated and overpriced guitars? why do people choose others for metal? wow people dont have preferences!?!??!

I don't care jesus christ there are lots of unfriendly people
She's saying that this is basically spam. GGA used to be free to of most retarded spam.

I'm saying you're a bit of a moron because this is a pointless thread that isn't going to derail anyone's personal preference. You seem to like Gibson - Other people don't. Gibson isn't the end-be-all, top tier, best of the best guitar maker. Deal with it.
Certainly not the best guitar maker for everyone, as everyone has preferences.
Quote by forsaknazrael
She's saying that this is basically spam. GGA used to be free to of most retarded spam.

I'm saying you're a bit of a moron because this is a pointless thread that isn't going to derail anyone's personal preference. You seem to like Gibson - Other people don't. Gibson isn't the end-be-all, top tier, best of the best guitar maker. Deal with it.
Certainly not the best guitar maker for everyone, as everyone has preferences.

I'm not trying to derail anyones opinion I don't work for gibson. Everyone knows the best guitar is a hello kitty strat. (THAT WAS A JOKE). Just wanted to know why don;t get why everyone is so touchy. I'm never said I rate gibsons never even played one.
you can get better guitars for the same price probably even a custom shop one if you look in the right place.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Jesus.

Just delete this thread, then. It's spamming up this forum.

How the hell is this spam??? I'm not promoting anything just debating which is the whole point of forums is it not jackass!
Quote by snazzyness
How the hell is this spam??? I'm not promoting anything just debating which is the whole point of forums is it not jackass!

Spam ISN'T just advertisement. You've made a pointless thread that's taking up room- which by the way, belongs in the EG forum, anyway, not GGA - that also shows you're just trolling. You've never even played a Gibson, yet you're trying to incite people by asking why they hate them?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Spam ISN'T just advertisement. You've made a pointless thread that's taking up room- which by the way, belongs in the EG forum, anyway, not GGA - that also shows you're just trolling. You've never even played a Gibson, yet you're trying to incite people by asking why they hate them?

It is guitar related how is it pointless whats the big deal get a life! Incite people?? What is your problem?
^Yeah, okay. Now, you're just a douche. If you'd even listen to the music on my profile, you'd see it's not even related to fall out boy.

It doesn't matter if it's guitar related. This isn't the place for it. This is a forum for asking questions about effects pedals, amps, any kind of guitar accessories. Hence, GGA. If you want to start a spammy thread about why people Gibsons, go ahead and do it EG, people do it there all the time.
If you don't care for the rules, don't post.

Stop saying "get a life" or "what's your problem". Why don't you get a life? Don't you have anything better to do than post spammy threads?
snazzy, you keep asking, "what's your problem."

i thought it was made pretty clear.

1. if you like a guitar, don't worry if others "hate" it.
2. this is a vague question. the answer was posted a few times, and it's in the wrong section.

i was trying to be nice, but now it's time for you to go back to the pit. ok thanx.

*reported for spam.

DONT POST AFTER A REPORTED THREAD.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by forsaknazrael
It doesn't matter if it's guitar related. This isn't the place for it. This is a forum for asking questions about effects pedals, amps, any kind of guitar accessories. Hence, GGA. If you want to start a spammy thread about why people Gibsons, go ahead and do it EG, people do it there all the time.
If you don't care for the rules, don't post.

Stop saying "get a life" or "what's your problem". Why don't you get a life? Don't you have anything better to do than post spammy threads?

Don't you have anything better to do then complain that this is in the "wrong section". Isn't there anything on TV? GET A LIFE!
Quote by jj1565
snazzy, you keep asking, "what's your problem."

i thought it was made pretty clear.

1. if you like a guitar, don't worry if others "hate" it.
2. this is a vague question. the answer was posted a few times, and it's in the wrong section.

i was trying to be nice, but now it's time for you to go back to the pit. ok thanx.

*reported for spam.

DONT POST AFTER A REPORTED THREAD.

Sorry but if people weren't such arseholes about it. I AM NOT ENDORSING GIBSON!!! I just wanted to know peoples opinions. Does it really matter if its in the wrong section. i don't care what other people think of my guitar i don't own a gibson ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! sorry
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
I don't think this particulary helps anyone.

Probably not these snobby people just annoy me
I own a Gibson. I love it' It's more or less the best guitar I have ever played. It is from 1998. But when I pick up a modern Gibson (actually the new ones are catching up, bt a '05-'07) I felt dissapointed. The crafmanship was low. It had none of the tone or resonance of my 98 Studio. Not only that, but generally everything just felt so-so. And would I have payed the price they had? NO WAY!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^ I haven't tried any 05 - 07 model Gibsons, so I'm not sure about them, but the Les Paul Standards and Customs that I played this year were awesome, and back when I first started playing guitar, I played a local shop owners '00 Les Paul Standard, and it was fantastic.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-CustomEX-with-EMG-8185-Pickups-Electric-Guitar?sku=515618

Gibson should take some lessons from their significant other, Epiphone.

but I have used my friend's LP for metal, and it suits me fine.
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Quote by Taylor704
to me, Les Pauls are overrated, they arent the best guitar ever, they dont own the hell out of a Strat

They're overpriced for what you pay for, and i think there are better guitars to be had for better purposes, depending on your music

I own a Les Paul and a Start, both being VERY good ones too!

I can tell you that they are VERY different. Strat has a thin, spanky sound with a whole lot of attack. The Les Paul has a thick tone with more roar than bite.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
This is nicer what do you think of the argument i was having before i have an epiphone les paul its good enough for me
Page 1 of 2