So i decided i would try some songs in drop C tuning and i figured no problem ill simply tune my strings down one step. that was not the case for some reason when i tune the last two strings it changes the sound of the top two and all of a sudden it sounds like im back in standard tuning its very strange. i can only tune the low E and A string affectivly after that everything goes out of wack. whats the problem or am i just stupid??? im thinking it has to do with the Floyde rose seeing as this is my first guitar with a floating bridge i do not know all there is to it. help me out thank you
It does have to do with the Floyd Rose.

First of all, with a change like that, you pretty much have to get your Floyd set up really low to acomodate the new tuning. Otherwise, it requires patience. Tune your high E string down to D, then tune the B string down. After tuning down the B, return to the high E string and make sure it's still in tune. Make any adjustments necessary. Then do B again, then do the G string.

Every time you adjust a string's tuning, return to the High E string and work your way down again. It's like tuning a guitar that's out of tune ten times, but in the end it will get the results you want. Have patience!
a JEM is your first guitar with a floatinf bridge? Jeez. You may have messed up the intonation tuning that low.
Quote by KingDev
a JEM is your first guitar with a floatinf bridge? Jeez. You may have messed up the intonation tuning that low.

A JEM was my first guitar with a floating bridge. No worries.
I wouldnt have spent that much money on a jem if i didnt know how to set up a floyd rose. its such a nice guitar I wouldnt take the risk of breaking it, if you really want to play songs in drop c buy a hardtail and have the jem setup for standard tuning by a pro. I think there is a lot more to tuning a guitar with a fr than just turning the pegs.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
I wouldnt have spent that much money on a jem if i didnt know how to set up a floyd rose. its such a nice guitar I wouldnt take the risk of breaking it, if you really want to play songs in drop c buy a hardtail and have the jem setup for standard tuning by a pro. I think there is a lot more to tuning a guitar with a fr than just turning the pegs.

Nah, I talked with my guitar teacher before doing anything and he told me the same thing I told this dude. Obviously, if you want to play permanently there, it will require a setup, and it will mess with your intonation a little, but it's not too bad.
Quote by lwayneio

im quite confident i will not break anything
i decided so say **** it to drop C. i just spent way to much time tring to get my trem back to the correct hight, tuning and retuning, its not worth it. thanks for all the help