Sup guys.
i wanna start off by saying that I'm a noob at guitar.
The problem I have, is that whenever I play something even a little fast, and I alternate pick, my index finger (which is under the pick) scrapes off of the string, like in the seize the day solo, when I alternate pick up, down, up down, whenever I go to change to a different string to play my index finger hits the prior string, and it hurts.

This is the same thing with any other fast solo, or even semi-fast.
Just point it out of the way of the strings, like some people do with their middle finger
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
You're trying to play too fast, too soon. Get the hang of whatever it is you're trying to play at a slower speed first, then gradually build up the speed over time witha metronome.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You're trying to play too fast, too soon. Get the hang of whatever it is you're trying to play at a slower speed first, then gradually build up the speed over time witha metronome.

Thanks for the info bro.
thats the kind of advice i wanted to hear.
Ill do you told me.
+1.... play the riff only as fast as you can to make each note perfectly clear, if you fumble or it's not perfect don't speed up untill you have it perfect. the true master shredders are not just fast but each note is perfectly clear . that is the key!perfectly clear individual notes. speed comes after