ok so a few hours ago i was playing sad but true by Metallica ( awesome song) and the tuning is really inconvenient to keep changing (and probally bad for the strings) to keep changing back to standard tuning..

so to the question
what other songs are in this tuning DGCFAD?

so i can do three or four songs in this tuning instead.
BLUE
RED
YELLOW
You could just leave it in standard, that way you never have to change down. Everything you play is one step higher, but nobody notices. Even Metallica uses different tunings live than they do on the records, but nobody ever notices.
Its just a step down on every string, so you can play any song in standard tuning. It'll just sound bassier and you wont be able to play along with a recording.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
[Death Metal (early), Death / Progressive Death Metal (later)][Technical Death Metal][Progressive Power Metal][Death/Thrash/Groove Metal][Technical / Progressive Groove Metal][Glam/'80s Metal (old) Groove Metal (later)][Technical Death Metal][Power/Speed Metal with Harsh Vocals][Death/Thrash Metal][Thrash Metal][Melodic Death/Post-Thrash Metal][Melodic Death/Gothenburg (old), Alternative Rock/Metal (new)][Brutal Death Metal][Black/Gothic Metal (early), Extreme Gothic Metal (recent)][Black Metal (early) - Black/Death Metal (now)][Death/Thrash Metal with Jazz and Progressive influences][Progressive Black Metal][Heavy/Traditional, Doom Metal][Black Metal][Black Metal][Technical Death Metal][Technical Death Metal][Technical Death Metal][Technical Melodic Death Metal][Technical Grind/Death Metal/ Metalcore][Black Metal/Grindcore][Progressive metal][Melodic Death/Progressive Metal][Grindcore/Death Metal, Hardcore Punk (early demos)][Death Metal][Melodic Death Metal][Epic Melodic Death Metal][Melodic Death Metal][Thrash Metal][Power/Speed Metal][Blackened Heavy Metal][Melodic Death Metal][Melodic Death Metal][Brutal Death Metal][Doom/Death Metal (old), Gothic Rock/Metal (new)]
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
it is easily played in drop d.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Try this thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797585&highlight=tuning+thread

There's tonnes of bands in D standard.

Edit: Damn you aznrockerdude!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by aznrockerdude
[Death Metal (early), Death / Progressive Death Metal (later)][Technical Death Metal][Progressive Power Metal][Death/Thrash/Groove Metal][Technical / Progressive Groove Metal][Glam/'80s Metal (old) Groove Metal (later)][Technical Death Metal][Power/Speed Metal with Harsh Vocals][Death/Thrash Metal][Thrash Metal][Melodic Death/Post-Thrash Metal][Melodic Death/Gothenburg (old), Alternative Rock/Metal (new)][Brutal Death Metal][Black/Gothic Metal (early), Extreme Gothic Metal (recent)][Black Metal (early) - Black/Death Metal (now)][Death/Thrash Metal with Jazz and Progressive influences][Progressive Black Metal][Heavy/Traditional, Doom Metal][Black Metal][Black Metal][Technical Death Metal][Technical Death Metal][Technical Death Metal][Technical Melodic Death Metal][Technical Grind/Death Metal/ Metalcore][Black Metal/Grindcore][Progressive metal][Melodic Death/Progressive Metal][Grindcore/Death Metal, Hardcore Punk (early demos)][Death Metal][Melodic Death Metal][Epic Melodic Death Metal][Melodic Death Metal][Thrash Metal][Power/Speed Metal][Blackened Heavy Metal][Melodic Death Metal][Melodic Death Metal][Brutal Death Metal][Doom/Death Metal (old), Gothic Rock/Metal (new)]

wow thanks
BLUE
RED
YELLOW
Almost all songs by Children of Bodom, all songs by Death, as for a bit easier stuff you can try

Rage - Down (good for your right hand picking)
Dream Theater - Forsaken
In Flames - Bullet Ride
Napalm Death - Greed Killing

...and so on
if your playing with a band you might even want to stay in d because it seems to be easer on a singers voice i was dead set agenst d tuning but after i herd the same song in both its just mixes better with a metal singer
Crystal Skull by Mastodon.

In fact, most Mastodon is in D Standard, but sometimes they go to Drop C (same as D Standard, but the low D string is tuned a step down to C).
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by The Picker
Crystal Skull by Mastodon.

In fact, most Mastodon is in D Standard, but sometimes they go to Drop C (same as D Standard, but the low D string is tuned a step down to C).

They have some tracks in Drop A (AGCFAD); most, if not all, of Remission.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Oh, yeah I forgot about that.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by aznrockerdude

I am keeping this list....
Quote by Nathan_393
I am keeping this list....

Try the tuning thread in the metal forum; it's got all sorts of tunings in there and as much information as we can find about bands like Dream Theater who use any number of different tunings.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
You could always just leave it in DGCFAD and throw a capo around if you need to. I've been in DGCFAD mainly for about 2 years, I like it.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

I thought Drop A was B Standard with the low B tuned down to A?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
I thought Drop A was B Standard with the low B tuned down to A?

Generally most people take it as such, yes, but if you want to be absurdly picky about it that's actually "drop D down 2.5 steps". On a seven string if you were to tune to AEADGBE that would be "drop A" but once again; this is only if you're going to be somewhat overly pedantic about the nomenclature conventions for tunings.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Aug 18, 2008,
If you want to get really nitpicky, "true" drop B is standard with the low E tuned down to B. Tom Morello uses that for some songs. Mastodon's tuning would be drop B down a full step.

Just my two cents
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
Quote by dbzrage3k
Mastodon's tuning would be drop B down a full step.

Just my two cents

...I knew that...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
dogs - pink floyd
but id stay in stadard, it will sounds just about the same
Quote by dbzrage3k
If you want to get really nitpicky, "true" drop B is standard with the low E tuned down to B. Tom Morello uses that for some songs. Mastodon's tuning would be drop B down a full step.

Just my two cents

don't you mean D instead of B?
Quote by richo36
don't you mean D instead of B?

you didn't just revive an 11 month old dead thread just to say that did you?
i think whiskey in a jar - metallica is too
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
The tuning is called D-Standard.

Metallica play Seek and Destroy in D-Standard live now, you could play along to that.
Quote by BoL7z
seek and destroy in d stadard sounds brutools!

It sounds the ****ing same, a person without perfect pitch won't notice a thing if he doesn't have a direct comparison.

Yes, I know that you were being sarcastic but still