hmm... i can't really tell you much about it, but i CAN tell you i've heard a lot of talk about those Line 6 pod thingies... if that helps.

EDIT: sorry, i forgot you were talking about computers... silly me

that thing looks pretty cool, though. Have you looked up some reviews... maybe www.harmony-central.com?
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Aug 18, 2008,
yeah the guy at the music store said this was a new thing and he hasnt really looked into it yet. just wondering what you guys knew about it
good idea. line 6 gearbox. toneports are great. latency for recording but playback has none
I fought for all worth believing on the punk rock barracades
well, if you want it for your computer... i guess that would be good. But if you just want a bunch of effects without buying a lot of pedals... like i said, i've heard good things from the Pod.... so... it's your call.

but i also would be interested in hearing some opinions on these, 'cause i've been noticing them in the MF catalog, and haven't heard much about them really.
O O

___
Quote by spujum
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-GearBox-Plug-In-Gold-Bundle-104070602-i1169049.gc

im just looking for something where i can just plug my guitar into my computer and practice and be able to get a bunch of amp sounds without spending alot of money on an amp and pedals. does anybody know about this product?

I don't know anything about that product, but I've heard great things about TonePorts. They're supposedly awesome for recording, and I'm seriously considering one myself. The software doesn't look to hard to use either.
toneports looks very similar to the gearbox just with less input slots. any other input on the gearbox?
My first FX unit was a GuitarPort, which is the predecessor to the TonePort. It was a great deal for the price. I really liked it.
if i get this program will i need another recording program with it?
Quote by spujum
if i get this program will i need another recording program with it?

anyone?
I have the toneport UX1 which came with the gearbox software. I just USB straight in, and monitor through headphones. I think it sounds great, and its very easy to use. Lots of amp models. There aren't many stomp boxes though, apart from basic ones.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
so if i get this program can i just use what comes with it to output different amp effects to my computer speakers without any additional software? sorry i dont know much about these things!
Quote by spujum
so if i get this program can i just use what comes with it to output different amp effects to my computer speakers without any additional software? sorry i dont know much about these things!

Yes, the "box" it comes with is just an interface for monitor levels (volume) and guitar/mic inputs (depending on which model it is, it may just have a guitar input). Additionally, it comes with the "Gearbox" software, which is the actually amp modeling software.

Keep in mind that Gearbox is NOT a recording program, just an amp modeling program to get the tones you want. Some versions come with a trial of Ableton Live recording software, although I never used it.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Quote by USAPeavey
Yes, the "box" it comes with is just an interface for monitor levels (volume) and guitar/mic inputs (depending on which model it is, it may just have a guitar input). Additionally, it comes with the "Gearbox" software, which is the actually amp modeling software.

Keep in mind that Gearbox is NOT a recording program, just an amp modeling program to get the tones you want. Some versions come with a trial of Ableton Live recording software, although I never used it.

thanks alot! thats what ive been trying to figure out. i think ill buy this one and try it out. thanks again!