Page 1 of 2
I've never been a fan of cheesy love songs, both listening and writing. I finally wrote a love song that I actually like (all the rest are pretty melancholy, as I only write when I'm sad, hah) and just finished uploading it but now that I listen to it the major chords and sweet lines make me want to have second thoughts about it just due to habit. I also wrote it for/about a guy, and I know love songs are generally targeted towards women, so it got me to thinking: how many of you guys out there would appreciate a somewhat cheesy love song written for you by a girl? You know, with her sitting outside your window at night trying to win your affection, guitar in hand, one of those cliche moments you see in movies that are supposed to make girls croon. Discuss.

edit: Lol, I didn't literally mean that the girl would HAVE to be outside your window playing the song; it was just a common image to give you an idea of what I mean. Here is the song if it gives a better understanding to the topic..

1/13/09
I have a new addition! So I wrote a song for a friend around christmas. We were.. kind of seeing each other at some point? But he was going through a rough time at the moment and cut off most communication and I thought I'd reach out and let him know I cared. Anyway, when I look back at this, I can see how it could be considered creepy or something. The last bit is just from a Beatles song that we both really like, but I can understand misinterpretation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o5zsoYXApU

Would something like this be appreciated, creepy, weird, indifferent, etc. in your eyes?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Last edited by vintage x metal at Jan 13, 2009,
Nah I can't stand sentimental ****e.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Pfft, if I ever hear one I wouldn't mind, someone obviously would have put thought into it and that'd be nice.

But cooking me breakfast is a welcome substitute.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Stuff like that is awesome.

Seriously.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
It would be a nice gesture. but I don't think I'd be genuinely touched.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Doesn't matter whether the songs good or bad, but the thought that someone went to the effort and put the emotion in is great.
Id be reallytouched, because thats a very nice thing to do. And most girls dont do nice things for me...

Oh, and 80's Power Ballads are pure awesome, so thats a plus too.
It's awesome, because the reaction would be "she's embarrassing herself... for me?"... and thus.

Hell, scratch that. I can't make a good argument out of this. But it'd be amazing.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Meh, I suppose I would like it. The thought of a girl playing guitar for me is more arousing than anything else actually.
First post edit! The song is there, so give your own insight.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Tbh if I ever wanted to show someone how much I cared for them I'd do a cover.
Quote by Jonn0
Tbh if I ever wanted to show someone how much I cared for them I'd do a cover.

Really? That seems much more impersonal. I feel like if a guy ever wrote me a song, a kinda crappy song that he wrote is better than a good song someone else wrote.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I'd drop trou before she even hits the first chord.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by vintage x metal
Really? That seems much more impersonal. I feel like if a guy ever wrote me a song, a kinda crappy song that he wrote is better than a good song someone else wrote.

I feel that Jack Johnson has the ability to sum up exactly how I feel about my girlfriend.

He wrote my songs for me.
Quote by Jonn0
I feel that Jack Johnson has the ability to sum up exactly how I feel about my girlfriend.

He wrote my songs for me.

Hah well if you can find common ground then hey
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

love songs almost always are cheesy.

listen to saves the day's acoustic ep im sorry im leaving. the songs are all cheesy as hell, chris conley came out and said that he wrote them to be cheesy as hell, and for some crazy reason is works perfectly that way.

HOLD

Oh well, you've got me under your spell
and I don't think that I'm kidding around.
I don't think I can forget you now.
I once sat up on my roof and examined the planning of my town.
I saw the structured grid and pavement cutting through grass
and I remembered the cold of winter running up the legs of my pants.
I picked the nicest lawn and imagined the two of us
rolling around down along the ground.
I saw myself touch your face and I noticed jets begin to race above our heads.
But I pinched my arm and remembered how much you hate me.
I remembered the fact that I can't see what you need
and I'm too stupid to be aware of the beauty that you give this place
and how shitty this town would seem without you in it.
When you aren't around I let the shades fall down to shut out
all the sun's light and make myself feel all right.
What am I doing with my life?
Remember that the only things we need sometimes
are chilly nights and warmer thighs, 'cause there's nothing like being held.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
^ That's true; you can't really get around being cheesy if you're affectionate.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

If there's a love song that isn't kinda cheesy-ish, show me, because I haven't heard it.

Which is a shame, because I'm trying to write a happy song because I'm in a good mood, but it all sounds so cheesy.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by dgme92
If there's a love song that isn't kinda cheesy-ish, show me, because I haven't heard it.

Which is a shame, because I'm trying to write a happy song because I'm in a good mood, but it all sounds so cheesy.

I always find the best love and song poetry the subtle ones.
Quote by Craigo
I always find the best love and song poetry the subtle ones.

this.

kinda going on a tangent here, but ive always found the "anti-love" songs much more realistic, less cheesy, and more meaningful.

think bob dylan's it aint me babe, sooner or later, bright eye's its cool we can still be friends, etc
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
If a girl wrote me a love song I would be sooo happy... But some people are different.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
I wouldn't appreciate it at all. I'd be like "hey, I'm trying to sleep here, woman".

Nice of you to write me a song, though, saadia.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by metaldud536
I heard Sonata Artica's Shy and was like

Cheesy McCheese

But cheesy mccheese is good, no?

*imagines video with singer standing on a cliff with fists pumping the air, hair blowing in the wind*
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Demon Wolf
But cheesy mccheese is good, no?

*imagines video with singer standing on a cliff with fists pumping the air, hair blowing in the wind*

=/
Not exactly what I'm going for... or ever, EVER want to go for..
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I'd love if a girl wrote me a song, it's the thought that counts. Doesn't necessarily have to have super complicated technical rape or amazingly uncheesy lyrics. The thought would make me feel happy.
Quote by vintage x metal
how many of you guys out there would appreciate a somewhat cheesy love song written for you by a girl?

I'd be over the moon.

Hell, i'd be happy for a girl to look at me without vomiting.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I'd be over the moon.

Hell, i'd be happy for a girl to look at me without vomiting.

My thoughts exactly. I've been "ugh"-ed one too many times
Quote by Demon Wolf
Stuff like that is awesome.

Seriously.

+1

I ****ing love it when girls do that stuff. That way I don't feel like I'm making an ass of myself when I do that stuff for her. Plus it's just a really nice feeling.
Hmm I guess this is bad to say, but I guess if the song is good I would be touched But tbh I would just look at the lyrics. I think it would be a nice gesture, yeah lol But the thought is cute
Last edited by Photograph at Aug 19, 2008,

The first thing I said to myself when I saw you sit down with the guitar in hand, before you even spoke a word, was "marry me"

Why can't more girls be like you and actually give an effort into something musical? There could be a 350 lb. manatee-looking mother ****er outside my window, but if she could play a love song that she truly meant, I'd float out my window on pure infatuation.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
I don't think it would have to be a phenomenal song, honestly. Something someone put some thought into, and if it expresses a genuine emotion, it'll come through. That emotion, that gut feeling that caused everyone from the first sap who wrote a love song clear through to...well, until the first guy who wanted to make money at it, to pick up a pen and put down some words about their girl/guy/significant other/dog/robot, expressed for me...that'd take courage. So, yeah, I'd like it. And if I felt the same way about the person...it'd be pretty much ballgame. I would have to ask, though, if she really sat outside my window, what the hell she was thinking because that isn't a bad way to get shot at as of late...
Classifieds mod said this didn't count as trying to sell anything, I'll say it here:

If you're looking to be able to take credit cards in-person (not over the internet where paypal will work), pm me and I can hook you up with the stuff you need.
Quote by NotAGuitarHero

The first thing I said to myself when I saw you sit down with the guitar in hand, before you even spoke a word, was "marry me"

Why can't more girls be like you and actually give an effort into something musical? There could be a 350 lb. manatee-looking mother ****er outside my window, but if she could play a love song that she truly meant, I'd float out my window on pure infatuation.

Awww
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Page 1 of 2