hey i posted this in the acoustics and classical forum but didnt get any answers. so i thought maybe you guys know more about this since guitar building requires knowledge of wood and materials. i copied and pasted my OP:

so i was in vacation in Mexico when i went into an all acoustic guitar shop. i was playing a guitar and was blown away with the sound. so i was talking to the store owner and he was telling me all the guitars there were custom and that he could make me one just like that for 10000 Mexican Pesos (roughly 1000 USD).
So honestly, i'm not much of an acoustic guy. i have a takamine that serves me well if i ever go camping or dont have an amp. so i dont really need this guitar.
but what struck me about this was that i was made of brazillian rosewood. if my memory serves me right, thats one of the most sought after woods for guitars in the US, since its illegal to be imported here. So i was thinking that maybe i can make a little cash if i get a custom from him and then sell it in the US for a little profit.

here are the specs that i remember:
Body -- brazilian rosewood
Fretboard -- ebony
Tuners made of ivory
could have a horn cut, optional
custom name on headstock -- thinking "La Bella" (which is "the beautiful in english)
handmade in mexico

thats all that i can remember, if you need any more details i can probably ask my dad if he remembers anything else.

so my question is...is it worth it? it costs 1000USD to make, could i sell it for more in the US?

other questions -- what other woods are better than the ones i listed? because he can exchange woods if i want different ones. the price may go up, but if the guitars value goes up as well, i'm all in for it.

--is the singlecut idea a plus or a minus in the guitars value? i personally like a cut body but since i'm not gonna be playing it, my preference doesnt matter.

--what would you price this guitar at?

thanks a bunch i really need this info
i dont think its illegal.
im pretty sure your thinking cuban rosewood/ cigars.
There is so much free time in college.
Thus I procrastinate.
Thus I get better at Guitar.
i wouldn't count on making a profit, its not impossible, but an acoustic from a (seemingly) no name builder in mexico isn't gonna be the most sought after guitar, even if it is made from top notch materials. im sure you could sell it, just not sure for how much. i'd say just remember this guy for when you do need another acoustic in the future! i could be wrong about this, but thats just my guesstimate.
actually, every time a brazilian rosewood tree naturaly falls, it can be exported. this usually starts a bidding war which is usually won by Martin.

i really dont know if u could make a profit, but id ask if he could do an electric. that would be absolutly sweet!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking