just got curious...

the general consensus seems to be that epiphone lp jr. and special II are pretty poor guitars (bolt on lp pretty much gives it away i think)

now im not looking on buying any of those (I had my share of bad-guitar experiences)
but im wondering... which of the two are better????

i thought this would be interesting to know
I've got an Epiphone lp jr. and i've played on some special II's and I think the jr's are much better
meh, special. The only difference is that the special has a neck pickup, but they're both pretty bad.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i had the 2 as my first guitar. i think your probably gonna get biased answers here since most people get these guitars as starters or early in their playing experience
Quote by athlete1
i had the 2 as my first guitar. i think your probably gonna get biased answers here since most people get these guitars as starters or early in their playing experience

ehh I guess so...
I just wanted to know because occasionally I see people playing those and they are both similar priced range epis
The basic LP Jr is a pretty nasty guitar to be honest. The '57 Reissue was cool as though and great for modding. Thinking of picking one up if I get it at the right price.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay