Ok, so I am in the middle of writing a very cliche pop-rock song and I need some opinions on what chords to use in the pre-chorus. I need a pre-chorus because the verse and the chorus are very similar sounding and I want something in between them so they can be more easily distinguishe. So far the song goes like this:

Intro (C, Am, F, G) 1x

Verse (C, E, Am, F) 2x

Pre-chorus (???) 2x

Chorus (C, Am, F, G) 2x

Verse (C, E, Am, F) 2x

Pre-chorus (????) 2x

Chorus (C, Am, F, G) 2x

Bridge (Am, Em, G, F) 4x

Chorus (C, Am, F, G) 4x
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
if you want something that would build up for something big you could try some suspended chords.
thanks, like what?
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Quote by Pants99
Ok, so I am in the middle of writing a very cliche pop-rock song and I need some opinions on what chords to use in the pre-chorus. I need a pre-chorus because the verse and the chorus are very similar sounding and I want something in between them so they can be more easily distinguishe. So far the song goes like this:

Intro (C, Am, F, G) 1x

Verse (C, Am, F, G) 2x

Pre-chorus (C, Am, F, G) 2x

Chorus (C, Am, F, G) 2x

Verse (C, Am, F, G) 2x

Pre-chorus (C, Am, F, G) 2x

Chorus (C, Am, F, G) 2x

Bridge (Am, Em, G, F) 4x

Chorus (C, Am, F, G) 4x

Done.
well i play metal and id advise using power chords,but i think you migt want some suspended chords
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
eh, two random combinations I came up with in a minute

E E F G
for a kind more dramatic buildup before you go into the chorus

G F C/E F
less dramatic than the previous option
thanks a lot for the help guys, ill try out all of your suggestions
Quote by DanteLord
like Dsus. or Amsus. or something like that.

Amsus isn't a chord is it? It's either Asus or Amadd11...
any more suggestions?