This thread, is about Carlos Dengler, and why we love him. As a bass player that is.

Well, my reason, for adoring Carlos D. is because... i think he is an amazing modern bassist. While yes, most of the stuff he plays is....... roots, and 3rds, and is nothing amazing from a technical viewpoint, it just fits so perfectly into all of Interpols songs.

example: "Take You On A Cruise"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezdAiDh31D8

everything Carlos put into that song, just meshes so perfectly with everything else going on, Especially the part at..... 1:58.

Am I the only person on these forums that think Carlos deserves some love?
no, you are not the only one. i haven't been here long, but it seems that his name appears in every modern bassist discussion.

that said, he does deserve some attention for his role.
^^not necessarily helpful.
Quote by the humanity

think pokemon
Pete Wentz sig reaches level 32, it evolves into Mark Hoppus bass.
Mark Hoppus bass uses tone knob!
it's super unneffective!
Ive been here for a few months, and it seems whenever there was a modern bassist thread, i was the only person that put his name in the pot.
Interpol... rofl... I heard the name before somewhere :O
He should do bass like Flea...

But that's just my opinion
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
he's a great bassist, but he mostly takes after peter Hook (just like interpol takes after joy division). Not a bad thing by any means, but he's not exactly innovative.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
He definitely deserves some loving-i love the man hence the stealing of his name. He was the first bassist that made me think "Jeez i gotta learn how to do that"-hes got such a unique look and his basslines just sound amazing with the guitars and i have studied his lines and its made me such a better player. **** all this people that say real bassists use their fingers as Carlos is a great example of why plectrums are perfectly okay. Bow down to the D!!!
Bass....How low can you go?????
He's quite adequate, but I'd say his playing on Turn on the Bright Lights is a little more notable than a lot of Interpol's later stuff.

See: Obstacle 1 and Say Hello to the Angels.
I like him. with 3 notes, he can say more than enough.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
indeed.

turn on the bright lights is so much better than their newest stuff, particularly notable: the new, roland, and stella was a diver.

plus live he plays at like his knees, its interesting to wacth.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Quote by forstringwonder
indeed.

turn on the bright lights is so much better than their newest stuff, particularly notable: the new, roland, and stella was a diver.

plus live he plays at like his knees, its interesting to wacth.

I've too noticed his playing at his knees. I wasn't sure what to think about it, haha.
Quote by BlueShox
I've too noticed his playing at his knees. I wasn't sure what to think about it, haha.

i think its called.....

A. mega long arms and huge hands.

or.

B. Back problems.

i dno which.

freakin A though. ive been listening to interpol all day. it just... melts my insides.

also, PDA is lovely bass-wise. =D
Another thing. Is it just me, or does "Dengler" remind anybody else of like........ a hanging turd...... or a child molester.... or something strange?