I hope it will be as good as Silent Alarm.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Last song I heard from them was absolutely appalling so I'm going to be avoiding this one.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I'm not a fan of Mercury, but then I didn't like The Prayer when it came out and AWITC turned out to be a pretty decent album so fingers crossed it'll happen again, guess I'm going to wait to hear some more before buying though..
I'll probably download it like I've done with the other two. Silent Alarm had a couple of good songs, but I didn't really like the other one (I don't even remember what it's called).
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i saw them live and their lead singer played the main riff of "My Iron Lung" by radiohead. other than that, they are a pretty meh band.
Sent from my iPad.
Didn't see that coming.

I quite like them though, solid band. Mercury is sort of growing on me, before I hated it, now I can stand it, but it'll never be a track I like
Hopefully it'll be a return to Silent Alarm type stuff.

Although judging by Mercury, and Flux before it, it would appear not.

This might be one I download first to try before I buy.
Quote by urbanfox
Hopefully it'll be a return to Silent Alarm type stuff.

Although judging by Mercury, and Flux before it, it would appear not.

This might be one I download first to try before I buy.

They said that Flux was a one off, and then they did Mercury, but they said it's not the direction they wanted to go with, maybe that's why they were released as singles not albums.
I've been sensing huge failure with this album for a long time. Way before the pitiful 'Mercury' was unleashed.
Ye the new one actually has distinguishable guitar!!!

I think this album will be their weakest, as they will put too much electro into the mix

Personally I loved silent alarm and awitc, so this needs to be BIG
Its such a pity, Silent Alarm was a great album with some awesome Johnny Marr type guitar but the second album looks like the beginning of the downfall of Bloc Party and now they release Flux and Mercury which is just crap techno imo. Where has the guitar gone? There was only I still Remember and hunting for witches on the second album worth listening to.
Quote by s7706
Its such a pity, Silent Alarm was a great album with some awesome Johnny Marr type guitar but the second album looks like the beginning of the downfall of Bloc Party and now they release Flux and Mercury which is just crap techno imo. Where has the guitar gone? There was only I still Remember and hunting for witches on the second album worth listening to.

Uniform was a good song imo especially the guitar solo at the end
AWITC was one of those albums for me where each track was individually great, but as an album it didn't quite work as well.
Standout track for me was, without a doubt, 'On'.
Mercury is good, but if i want electro i will listen to Chemical Brothers or Daft Punk. Trojan Horse is growing on me alot, and i hope that the rest of this album is as good as/better than this track. Im hoping for more tracks that can blow me away with the guitar work like Helicopter, Like Eating Glass, and Hunting For Witches.
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
so has anyone got the record yet?
i'm not sure if I want to download it off their site.

Trojan Horse is good.
Quote by Hendrix_fan_14
so has anyone got the record yet?
i'm not sure if I want to download it off their site.

Trojan Horse is good.

Trojan Horse is very good. Although to start with I thought it just sounded like a spazzy version of The Prayer.

I think I might have to give this album a listen for free before I buy it though.
I have it!
Bought the cd and the mp3's for £10
Best songs are Halo, One Month Off and Trojan Horse IMO

I've already worked out some of One Month Off
GEAH
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
USA Big Muff Pi
BOSS BF-2 Flanger
Line6 Spider III 30

Amp fund £90
Quote by fire within
Damm you Jayyy, now I'm hungry

Quote by axefreak129
congratulations on the win-ulacious pizza, good sir.
Quote by Jayyy
I have it!
Bought the cd and the mp3's for £10
Best songs are Halo, One Month Off and Trojan Horse IMO

I've already worked out some of One Month Off

Not keen on Halo meself. Like the first song on the album though.

Tis a very good album. Loads of wierd noise and stuff
Bought the album earlier, on the first listen.

I really like Zephyrus, which is strange because I don't normally like choirs in any form what so ever.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Pretty good album on the whole, even Mercury's grown on me a bit, but can't say any of the tracks really stand out to me yet, think after a few more listens I'll like it more and get a few favourite tracks.
Quote by TommUK
Pretty good album on the whole, even Mercury's grown on me a bit, but can't say any of the tracks really stand out to me yet, think after a few more listens I'll like it more and get a few favourite tracks.

Exactly this.

I agree. Mercury...I kind of like, but mostly because of my loyalty to the band.
Flux makes me angry Reminds me of weird Digitalism tracks :S
Hopefully they pull themselves out of this awkward techno phase...
Quote by joni_xz
In bloc partys case, a definate YES

Typical GiantRaven-ery gets shut down

Anyway, can't say I'm really too interested in this but I guess I'll give it a shot.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
given it a weeks listen

half amazing
half dull

the proper guitar tracks stand out with ares and ion square being absolutely 2 of the best songs ive ever heard, but then the flipside is there are dull and boring songs a la, zephyrus and biko

lets wait for the 2 week review...