I'm wanting to get a telecaster soon but i am not sure which to get, i have a mexican strat that i love and a squier jazz bass that is pretty decent. Does anybody have any info i should know in choosing between the two?
i think Mexican Tele would be ALOT better than a squier, i've played a Mex, alot better than a low grade squier Tele

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
id go with the mex, but the american standard is a great deal for the price, at only a cople hundred more. id save up for that. just please dont buy the squier
haha please don't buy the squier, thats funny. there was a blackout tele on craigslist the other day for 375 that i missed. the one day i dont check it, i miss out on a good guitar
ya I have the the mexican tele which is waayyy better

get it or save a few hundred more and get an american one
Or you could probably get a used American one for only a little more then a MIM one...
That would be cool to have an american one. I haven't really seen many used ones but i haven't been looking either
Normally, I'd say Fender, but with the Squier Classic Vibe Tele with it's pine-y goodness, I might consider the Squier.
really? a pine guitar? that sounds a little odd i've never heard of pine being used for guitar bodies. what are the benefits of pine?
Having had both, I will say that the Mexican guitar is FAR better. The Squier had a decent neck, but the finish on the body was MILES thick, and the wood didn't ring at all. The pickups were okay, but the neck pickup was lifeless compared to the mexican guitar. Of course, I sold the Squier to buy the mexican, and sold the mexican to buy my jetking II(the one without the bigsby, and with the coil taps and mahogany body).
Mexican Tele without a doubt.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
squier standard series and below kickass!!
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by drunkass
really? a pine guitar? that sounds a little odd i've never heard of pine being used for guitar bodies. what are the benefits of pine?

Well, Pine was used in the original Esquires/Broadcasters, but I've never played it myself personally. HOWEVER, I suggest you contact Ippon; he has one and he's quite knowledgeable on Tele's and the like.