Hi all, I'm a bit new to recording and had some questions.

I need a good drum program. I have been unable to get DigiDrum Pro to work with Reaper, and the same thing with My Drumset. I figured I would get away from the VSTi bit since it's apparently beyond me, lol.

Somebody recommended Acoustica Beatcraft and I was wondering if anyone has experience with it?

Is it a standalone application? As in, can I just use it by itself (without Reaper) and then export to Audacity?
Does it sound realistic?
And basically, is it worth the money?

Thanks so much!
I use Beatcraft, and I find it very good and simple to use. There are a helluva lot of options and FX, but I find there's a bit too much reverb on the drums and you can't really change that. It's fine for most musical styles but for metal it's not the best
ohai little sig.
I haven't posted here for a while now, been awfully busy.

I don't use Beatcraft, but I do use their Mixcraft 4 for all my recording, which now has a virtual instrument capability. I have used that for a few drum tracks and for like a marshall tucker flute.

But I mostly use my RP350 drum machine as the source for my drum tracks where just basic drum patterns are needed.
Quote by Demonikk
I use Beatcraft, and I find it very good and simple to use. There are a helluva lot of options and FX, but I find there's a bit too much reverb on the drums and you can't really change that. It's fine for most musical styles but for metal it's not the best

You can change the reverb. You just have to click the FX icon on the left then click delete.

Even if it doesn't sound right, you can use samples anyway. I find this program very easy to use, and if you get the right samples it can sound great and realistic (if you get samples from actual kits, then it's going to sound realistic).

Yes, it is a standalone program. You can export what you have made as a .wav file very easily, and then import it straight into Audacity.