Is it bad to push down/up on a bridge without a whammy bar like mine? I'm just curious, seeing as I don't really want one.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Quote by HighPotency
It's hard, and you don't get as much range as you would with the bar. I'm not sure if it's bad for it but i wouldnt do it.

I know it's harder and all, but I'm just tugging under it or pushing above it just a tiny bit.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
I do on my Wilkinson every once in a while, i'm sure you could on a Floyd too though you may put a string out of tune. And i'm sure you could with a fender-style bridge if you set it to float and are useing light strings.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
HighPotency is right your range will be tiny compared to having the bar. I don't really see the point of having a floating bridge without the bar.
I don't see how it would hurt the bridge. It seems to be the same range of motion applied to it as if you were using the whammy bar. The bridge is always the fulcrum, and the lever will be either the bar or your hand

I use my palm to push down on the bridge all the time, I find it faster than reaching for the whammy bar. The one example I can think of is when I play the song "Camel Walk" by Southern Culture on the Skids. Where the change in pitch is part of the riff itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NbgL6Zh-Rk