weeelllll I dont have another electric e string but I think i've heard that you can use a acoustic e string in the mean time since its just steel basiclly .. is this true?
nope, they usually don't have the ferromagnetic qualites you need for pickups to work

edit: nickel .vs. bronze
Quote by seljer
nope, they usually don't have the ferromagnetic qualites you need for pickups to work

edit: nickel .vs. bronze

I believe the unwound strings are nickel still. Bronze is used for the windings not the core. Either way, I'd just buy a single E string from the music store at the proper gauge and go with that.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
I believe the unwound strings are nickel still. Bronze is used for the windings not the core. Either way, I'd just buy a single E string from the music store at the proper gauge and go with that.

if you use Rotosound strings they give you an extra high E
IDK, I've used acoustic strings before with no problems at all. As long as it ain't nylon strings I assumed they'd work, lol. I actually think I have done it a few times now.
i've done it before, the sound is not optimal, but it works. the only problem i see for you if the difference in tension. i think an acoustic's regular set high E is usually an 0.12, compared to the regular tension sets of electrics which is an 0.10. your fingers will have to get used to the tension, especially if you play with light strings like 0.09s or 0.10s.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Ummmmmmm i tried my pickups wont work with it so guess ur out of luck Eh oh well buy some strings