I grew up around modern rock music, so I tend to listen to bands like MCR, Fall Out Boy, Billy Talent, Sum 41, Green Day... all that type of stuff.

Well, I heard about Eric Clapton and started listening to his songs. I've now bought 4 of his albums, because I just love his music so much. It's sort of blues-ey, and I'm starting to like that type of music.

Is there any blues musicians out there that you can recommend to me? Please and thank you.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
This may sound too obvious, but have you tried the recommendation thread in the blues forum?
If you like Clapton I strongly suggest you see him live, one of the best shows I've ever been to.

Muddy waters, Rory Gallagher, B.B King, Stevie Ray Vaughn are to name a few others.
Quote by smb
This may sound too obvious, but have you tried the recommendation thread in the blues forum?

Ooh, forgot about that.
OK, do what this guy says.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by smb

damn man, I didn't know such a thing existed. I'll check over there...

any mods and totally close this thread if you hate it. Thanks!
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
SRV of course, Jimi Hendrix, Muddy Waters, Rory Gallagher, Albert King, Albert Collins, John Lee Hooker, Bo Diddley, Howlin' Wolf, and chances are there are alot of local blues bands that you can look up on myspace that review classic songs.

If not, look up "blues revue" and you'll find alot of generic but fantastic sounding blues bands.

Blues is a great genre, hope you get into it. =)
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
John Lee Hooker?
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
If you want blues-rock, listen to Taste, Cream, Allman Brothers, John Mayall, Peter Green, Canned Heat.
Stevie Rau Vaughan all t3h way.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by yomoma21
led zeppelin, best band ever.

Actually, EARLY Led Zeppelin. Only their FIRST 4 albums have blues in them.
Quote by Mike!
Actually, EARLY Led Zeppelin. Only their FIRST 4 albums have blues in them.

well, only their first 5 albums are good. the 5th one has a lot of funk