hey guys
i have a 6505+ and a line 6 spider III combo, and i wanna have a way that i can use my 6505+ for my gain tones, but when i want clean i wanna
use the line 6, but have it come out of my cab, and not the single speaker in the combo amp.

help? ab switch?
thanks, and check out my band please =]
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
/----------->5150--------------------------------->\
guitar--------A/B A/B--------->cabineto
\----------->piece of crap(line6)------------------/

LIKE MY SCHEMATIC^????

no but thats basically the only way unless u geta nother cab in which case each amp has its own cab but other than that u ll need two ab boxes
I wouldnt think its very safe to be running amps into an ABY switch at all, especially not the peavey, they arent built to handle that kind of load.
Quote by georgakis187
/----------->5150--------------------------------->\
guitar--------A/B A/B--------->cabineto
\----------->piece of crap(line6)------------------/

LIKE MY SCHEMATIC^????

no but thats basically the only way unless u geta nother cab in which case each amp has its own cab but other than that u ll need two ab boxes

alright cool thanks, and it really doesnt matter how bad the amp is. it matters the skill of the guitarist playing it, which is very likely, higher then you.

but thanks!

SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Quote by ilovemySG
alright cool thanks, and it really doesnt matter how bad the amp is. it matters the skill of the guitarist playing it, which is very likely, higher then you.

but thanks!

Lol@yourego.
Quote by beckyjc
I wouldnt think its very safe to be running amps into an ABY switch at all, especially not the peavey, they arent built to handle that kind of load.

really? can u evaluate? i dont think your wrong i just don't understand
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
I doubt it's safe running an amp load through a AB/Y switch, they're only built to handle line level signal. Maybe, instead of using say a 4x12 cab, run each head into a separate 2x12 and switch using an AB/Y?
ohai little sig.
I cant 100% confirm this but I wouldnt think a line switching pedal is built to handle the kind of power you get from an amp output, since its going to be a hell of a lot more that travels from amp to guitar. I could see it frying your amp head and the pedal pretty easily.
Quote by beckyjc
I cant 100% confirm this but I wouldnt think a line switching pedal is built to handle the kind of power you get from an amp output, since its going to be a hell of a lot more that travels from amp to guitar. I could see it frying your amp head and the pedal pretty easily.

that would make sense, i didnt really think of that.

back to plan A!

rack **** =]
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010