Hey guys.

Once I get the money and the chance, I'm going to consider getting a Peavy Valveking 112. I tried one out at a local shop, but didn't have time to hear all of the sounds it could make. I play mostly Thrash, Melodeath and Metalcore, but sometimes I drift to some bluesy stuff, or some classic rock, so a good clean sound would help, especially for the cleans that bands such as Metallica and Bullet for my Valentine use.

Anywho, I want to hear what you guys think. Is this a good amp for my tastes? Are there a good range of effects?

BTW, refer to my sig for the gear I use. The V-500 counts because I'm getting it in a week or so.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
The VK really isn't worth getting to play metal, by the time you spend the money it takes to get it there - you could have bought a better amp. Is $400 the top of your price range?
Quote by guitar/bass76
The VK really isn't worth getting to play metal, by the time you spend the money it takes to get it there - you could have bought a better amp. Is $400 the top of your price range?

$500 at the most. I'm thankful that my local shop has a LOT of different amps. I stray away from the MGs though,
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
yeah, that guy's right. VKs CAN do metal, but after about a hundred dollars worth of mods.

But the cleans, i can say, are great. It's just the distortion can definately get those bluesy sounds you want, but like i said, you'd have to mod it out a little to get some metal tone.

Anyone correct me if i'm wrong... but wouldn't a speaker swap and a Metal Muff make this amp metal-able?
O O

___
Sadistic_Sponge has some good clips that are worth checking. IbanezPsycho too.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sadistic+sponge/

His 11 minute 112 demo is pretty good and that is a stock Valveking. Gets heavy at the 5 minute mark I think. He has some other good clips too with and without Boost and pedal. Personally, I think the amp can do metal on it's own but I'm still learning how to play metal lol.

Bad Monkey OD is what this amp needs out of the gate so that's $450 new.

There are other options. Especially used options. Randall is worth a look too.

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 18, 2008,
I've got a VK, and I get great A7X/Bullet for my valentine sounds out of it
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sadistic+sponge/

and

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/IbanezPsycho/

Both have good clips. Metalcore is on the verge of it, or so I've been told, but it handles thrash well.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.