I noticed a Vox 2x12 30 watt cabinet is cheaper than an Orange 1x12 100 watt cabinet. How do you think an Orange head would sound through a Vox cabinet? Very similar to the Orange cabinet? Completely different? Rubbish?
orange cabs are some of the best, no comparison
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Quote by hoondog
orange cabs are some of the best, no comparison

Meaning the Vox cab would be garbage?
What Vox are you looking at? If it's the one with the Alnico Blues, it's an excellent cab. Probably sound pretty cool with an Orange head, too. I thought the Orange 112 had a Vintage 30 in it... 100W?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
What Vox are you looking at? If it's the one with the Alnico Blues, it's an excellent cab. Probably sound pretty cool with an Orange head, too. I thought the Orange 112 had a Vintage 30 in it... 100W?

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/15700

"Power Handling 100 Watts"

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/10043

"Power Capacity of 30 Watts"
Quote by BrickIsRed

I haven't tried that 100W Celestion in the Orange. It is a very well built cab, though.

As for the Vox, if you look again you'll see that, "each 12" speaker has a power capacity of 30 watts," making it a 60W cab. So, in other words, it's not the one with the Blues. Not a bad cab, though.

I just looked over that Dolphin site, and came to the same conclusion I always do: there's a vacuum in Europe for an Avatar-type speaker cab company that someone on UG really needs to fill.

I'd probably lean towards the Orange. The only other one I saw worth investigating is the Laney 212, but I'm honestly not so thrilled with the Seventy 80 speakers in that thing.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
If you can afford the Orange, then I'd be inclined to recommend it, since every piece of Orange kit I've tried has been very good quality. If you can't, though, then the Vox would not be such a bad buy at all

Quote by slatsmania
I just looked over that Dolphin site, and came to the same conclusion I always do: there's a vacuum in Europe for an Avatar-type speaker cab company that someone on UG really needs to fill.

If only my wood-working skills were good enough...