HI!

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good amp and some FX pedals that would be best for playing in a cover band (obviously need heaps of different tones).

Probably got just over $1000 to spend overall.

Basically i want a set up that will be easy to change tones from song to song.

Cheers!
well it depends if your covering just one band or different groups. You might want a phaser, wah, distortions, chorus, flanger, delay, noise gates and the like. That's my guess, my rig sucks so I couldn't give advice. But Be more specific.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
spider valve would be perfect.
or a vetta, flextone
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
for fx i reccomend the digitech rp150 multieffect pedal. only like $150 check it out
The pod xtlive would probably siut your needs. I have no experience with it myslf, but have heard good things about it and quite a few bands around here use them through a power amp for their gigging needs.
what types of music?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
what types of music?

+1, it's hard to make any kind of intelligent suggestion without at least a general idea of what you'll be playing.
Sorry, we cover a range from chilli peppers, greenday, foo fighters to even a bit of johnny cash and creedance. Just well known rockish songs. nothing heavy at all, probably the heaviest we play is the middle by jimmy eat world or my chemical romance.

Thanks ppl!
Vetta would probably be best than for 1000$, I think, lol. Lots of different tones there, although I again haven't tried one. And again, heard lots and lots of good things about the Vetta.
When / If you start gigging you will obviously be using a P.A

Therefore you could easily get away with a smaller tube combo, mic'ed into the PA.

A Peavey Classic 30 or similar would be good because you could crank it decently on stage to get the nice power tube saturation, without deafening yourself or the audience.

You could then run a variety of different overdirve or distortion pedals into it to get heavier stuff like the foo fighters.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Used Vetta w/ a Longboard. You will be able to do literally everything. It's like a God's gift to cover band players
ok thanks, any more suggestions on which amp?

also i know there are positives for both, but which would be better for my situation:
a good multi fx pedal, or start to collect decent stomp boxes?

as im not really creating my own tone would the multi fx pedal be of better use?
i really like my Masters 30 amp for it's versatility.

http://www.usmasters.com/TVA30Amp.htm

but you can also try out laney, peavey windsor, traynor, vetta, classic 30.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
i really like my Masters 30 amp for it's versatility.

http://www.usmasters.com/TVA30Amp.htm

but you can also try out laney, peavey windsor, traynor, vetta, classic 30.

That masters seems like a cool amp. I grabbed an H&K 20 watt Edition amp, which has enough gain on tap and is very versatile to pull off most covers.
yeah it really is high quality.

i love that it sounds good low and high volume. Very versatile, gig worthy, and portable.
i can't see buying another amp for a long time.

i've never played an H&K but i see them used all the time.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
yeah it really is high quality.

i love that it sounds good low and high volume. Very versatile, gig worthy, and portable.
i can't see buying another amp for a long time.

i've never played an H&K but i see them used all the time.

Thanks Jen. Yea congrats on the Masters, I saw the link you posted to them last week and checked out the site. Interesting stuff.

Some of the H&K's have a rattle issue. I found a mod on HC that eliminates the issue, pretty simple actually. Other than that one design flaw, it's awesome. My Delta Blues is up on craigslist - no need for it anymore, but it's a great amp too. (I don't need 3 tube amps and the Da5, I live in a "cozy condo" presently). *Wants basement with wall racks like you have*.
mesa triaxe
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
yeah, i'm in a situation now where i need room for my drummer's stuff.

so i might have to move things a bit. thanks tho

and i read about the "rattle issue" on HC. i'm almost certain. because i looked hard at H&K last year. it seemed like it was almost perfect for my needs, but without playing one, i just couldnt pull the trigger.

delta blues are nice too. so that says a lot for ur H&K right there. good luck with it.

i now return you to ur reg scheduled thread,
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by JLT73
spider valve would be perfect.
or a vetta, flextone

Not a bad idea, really. It's worth pointing out that hundres of modulation effects arn't always necessary. I'm the only guitarist in my cover band, and all I have is a Strat, an OD, two fuzzes, and a Fender tube amp.
I've seen them run a decent multi effects pedal through a cheap tube amp as well. Theres a few different options... Cover bands dont really need to be spot on there always just a fun band and when your switching up tones every song most dont catch on to how bad the tone may be. Vs the same bad tone for 10 songs straight lol