It would still be able to fly, there's still air for it to flap against, but it would be really hilarious to watch.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Cats are stupid, but birds are hella raw. So birds win because they don't need space to fly.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Could it fly in Zero-G?

Here is a cat in a Zero-G simulator aircraft, so you can see its really confused... how would a bird work in Zero-G?

cat in zero-g

cat: "WOAH!! GUYZZ THIS IS TOTALLY NOT COOL!!!"
well the problem for a cat is that they have a mechanism that means when they are falling they flip or twist to be the right way up, hence cats always landing on their feet, but with no gravity it ****s it up

now a bird could still fly, but not would probably be rather confused
I doubt it could cope at all. A bird relies on gravity to land on things.....it knows when it stops flapping its wings it gets closer to the ground. A bird in zero-g would flap its wings and fly straight up into the ceiling. That and the fact that it uses differences in air pressure, above and below its wings to sustain flight. There being no pressure in space...it would travel in the direction it first jumped in no matter how hard it flapped its wings.
A bird could still fly, but it'd be messed up by not knowing which direction is down. If a human can fly in space then so can a bird. It's all about having something to push off against, which would be the same as with gravity - air.
but if its Zero gravity, a bird would attempt to fly up but there is no up
Originally Posted by bchoun
Whenever I went to take a dump, I would sit on the toilet facing the tank. I always thought the tank was an arm rest so I would rest my arms on it.
Quote by Danitarium
There being no pressure in space...it would travel in the direction it first jumped in no matter how hard it flapped its wings.
They are pressurised. I expect a bird would be able to adjust its behaviour.

This thread is full of win!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by tyronelab
A bird could still fly, but it'd be messed up by not knowing which direction is down. If a human can fly in space then so can a bird. It's all about having something to push off against, which would be the same as with gravity - air.

Not at all actually. 1) Humans don't fly in space. 2) Even if you have something to push off of in space there is no friction to slow you down, or gravity to bring you back. Once you leave whatever you pushed off of you are stuck going that direction, gaining speed, until something stops you. A birds wings would have no effect in space.

They might be able to cope in a zero-g simulator, but the original question was about actual zero-g.
Quote by Danitarium
Not at all actually. 1) Humans don't fly in space. 2) Even if you have something to push off of in space there is no friction to slow you down, or gravity to bring you back. Once you leave whatever you pushed off of you are stuck going that direction, gaining speed, until something stops you. A birds wings would have no effect in space.

They might be able to cope in a zero-g simulator, but the original question was about actual zero-g.

no the question is zero G

there is air in a space ship, air provides friction, although not a lot of it

also pushing off of an object you would not gain speed until stopping, your speed would be consistent

a birds wings would indeed have no effect in space, but the question was with no gravity (therefore we assume he means in a spaceship like the cat and therefore air is present and also pressure)
Okay. We really need to bring this idea to fruition.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
^All right, halfway there!
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by smb
I can get a bird if anyone's got a pressurised plane handy.

I live right by the base, they got some kick ass jets
The bird would die of starvation because it requires gravity to swallow.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Slaytanic6606
The bird would die of starvation because it requires gravity to swallow.

Your throat muscles do the swallowing, not gravity.
The bird could fly it just would have a very hard time stopping/landing. Until it hits the wall
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Your throat muscles do the swallowing, not gravity.

he said birds, i don't know about birds but im assuming since he said it they do, it would make sense as well
Then we would have a bird in a spaceship.

DUH.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by imthehitcher
he said birds, i don't know about birds but im assuming since he said it they do, it would make sense as well

Well when a bird drinks water, they lift their heads up and jerk their necks up and down to swallow it.
You might assume they don't have internal throat muscles to just push down stuff but IDK
Last edited by metaldud536 at Aug 18, 2008,
At the End there's a moment where she turns superhard and can't stop... thats F-ing hilarious!!!
Quote by gonzaw

It is true after all!!

I'm still lol'ing You ****ing rule dude! that is the best thing I have ever seen!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.