Page 1 of 2
I actually think instead of going with an LTD MH-1000 I'd rather have a Schecter C-1 FR Hellraiser.

Idk I was sittin at home doing my summer geometry packet (no nerd) and it dawned on me that why in the HELL was I planning on paying like 200-300 more dollars for an MH? I started thinking about looks and I actually LIKE the Hellraiser's look a lot (red is my favorite color anyway lol.) They are generally the same guitar except the Hellraiser is cheaper AND also has a coil tap I believe. Its also a set neck and not a set thru. A7x is my favorite band and THEY'RE Schecter endorsed.

Idk all these things dawned on me in a matter of seconds lol. The only reason that I guess the MH compared was because everyone told me it was the top of the LTD line and ESP's are built for metal and such.

Idk just thinking out loud here. What do you guys think?

Schecter C-1 FR Hellraiser and Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb ftw?

(actually I believe Syn Gates used this rig on some of A7x's waking the fallen tour. Not that it matters)
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
LTD

that is all

try them out, every single guitar different, ra ra ra
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
You're a whacko!
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
ESP/LTD over Schechter anyday
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
I'd rather have the schecter too
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Try them out and see what you prefer
Personally I'd go for the ESP
ohai little sig.
well what do you prefer man... its pretty dumb (no offense 2 you) that loads of

people ask for advice on what guitar to buy/get. Just let your hands and ears give the

advice

btw i prefer the schecter but in my opinion
Quote by (Mr.Arercab)
well what do you prefer man... its pretty dumb (no offense 2 you) that loads of

people ask for advice on what guitar to buy/get. Just let your hands and ears give the

advice

btw i prefer the schecter but in my opinion

I see your point.

Btw I have tried the schecter and I thought it was pure shmex. Awesome stuff.

No one near my carries ESP so I couldn't try one of the MH's. But aren't they both really the same guitar but only VERY minor differences like the neck, and that the Hellraiser also has coil tap?

If this is true why does everybody say to go with the LTD?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
i know its not a hellraiser, but i have a schecter Diamond series 006 deluxe and i absolutely love it... everything about it just fits me and my playing style...

so i guess try them both out and see which one fits you better but dont rule out the schecter just because it isnt as prestigious.
Quote by DeadMeadow
You seriously need to get your dog a playmate.. either another dog or your hand cause thats gotta be hard on your animal... you every try masturbating with your nose?
wow that's dumb. so dumb. LTD's are awesome. and schecters are just... ehhh... this is UG so i think everybody here would disagree when i say schecters are not good. sorry. i'm a jackson fan and jackson and schecter are way different. jackson and esp are pretty similar. so i'd spend the extra 200 300 to get a guitar that's better. think about it. it's only a couple hundred bucks extra. how long are you gonna keep the guitar? 8 months?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by TheBodomBullet
I see your point.

Btw I have tried the schecter and I thought it was pure shmex. Awesome stuff.

No one near my carries ESP so I couldn't try one of the MH's. But aren't they both really the same guitar but only VERY minor differences like the neck, and that the Hellraiser also has coil tap?

If this is true why does everybody say to go with the LTD?

you're gonna buy at a store when they don't even carry? don't buy on online stores. i say ebay or craigslist. theres tons of stuff other people sell. they sell cheap too because theyre kinda desperate for cash.
neck is not a minor difference. that is 80% of the reason i dont like schecter. i think tone is good, but feel is just barf. and coil tap... really? you're gonna turn down a better guitar becuase it doesn't have coil tap? wow. go ahead. just my opinion. no hard feelings.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
wow that's dumb. so dumb. LTD's are awesome. and schecters are just... ehhh... this is UG so i think everybody here would disagree when i say schecters are not good. sorry. i'm a jackson fan and jackson and schecter are way different. jackson and esp are pretty similar. so i'd spend the extra 200 300 to get a guitar that's better. think about it. it's only a couple hundred bucks extra. how long are you gonna keep the guitar? 8 months?

Aren't Schecters built in the same factory as the LTDs?

But that comes down to neck construction, do you prefer a set-neck or a neck-thru?

EDIT: oh I see apak, I thought you meant quality build, not neck preferance.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by apak

Personally after trying a few out, I AM a Schecter fan.

lol it's funny because all people who play jacksons I've run into have a disdain dislike for most other less prestigious brands. Not that they shouldn't Jackson makes some of the highest quality guitars. But IMO I like Schecters. Idk why. I just do. Never tried an ESP to be completely honest.

But why oh why is the LTD so superior to the Hellraiser. EVERYBODY has told me it's virtually the same guitar with minor differences.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by aznrockerdude
Aren't Schecters built in the same factory as the LTDs?

But that comes down to neck construction, do you prefer a set-neck or a neck-thru?

Neck thrus hands down.

I don't like anything with "set" in it lol.

Also one of the best things I noticed is that the Hellraiser has a FLOATING trem unlike the MH which is a locking trem. This way tuning is a bit less of a drag. Not that I'll be retuning like crazy but every once in a while.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet

lol it's funny because all people who play jacksons I've run into have a disdain dislike for most other less prestigious brands. Not that they shouldn't Jackson makes some of the highest quality guitars. But IMO I like Schecters. Idk why. I just do. Never tried an ESP to be completely honest.

But why oh why is the LTD so superior to the Hellraiser. EVERYBODY has told me it's virtually the same guitar with minor differences.

It's just that the Schecter neck doesn't feel as nice to some.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by TheBodomBullet

yeah i guess you're right. for me it's the neck. that's one of the biggest things for me. i think esp's are easier to play, but if you like schecter than go for it. i was just expressing my own opinions on it. i mean tone-wise. it's pretty similar....
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Neck thrus hands down.

Also one of the best things I noticed is that the Hellraiser has a FLOATING trem unlike the MH which is a locking trem. This way tuning is a bit less of a drag. Not that I'll be retuning like crazy but every once in a while.

Both are floating and have a locking trem... and the MH has neck-through step-up, while the Schecter is set-neck. You seem to be contradicting yourself.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Neck thrus hands down.

They have pretty much the same trem - BOTH are locking AND floating trems... Both work exactly the same way...

Personally i'd take the ESP too - nicer neck and nicer guitar, but its a personal thing, not a hardware thing, so up to you!
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Quote by aznrockerdude
Both are floating and have a locking trem... and the MH has neck-through step-up, while the Schecter is set-neck. You seem to be contradicting yourself.

O damn really?

Idk either way I really liked the Hellraiser when I tried it. Orgasmic it was

Never tried the MH but the Hellraiser certainly raised hell for me.

EDIT: *slaps self in face* the one without the floyd is a neck thru my bad.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
yeah. when i read that and i was confused. i think aznrockerdude is right.
and btw set necks are pretty good too. it's just neck thru's are a little superior.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
yeah. when i read that and i was confused. i think aznrockerdude is right.
and btw set necks are pretty good too. it's just neck thru's are a little different.

Fixed. Neck construction is subjective (I prefer the brightness and feel of a bolt-on )
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by HighPotency
Schecter hellraisers have set necks, yeah. But they feel and look like neck-throughs i think.

Ok but w/e the case I can honestly say if I got the Hellraiser I'd be thoroughly happy. When I tried it it was amazing. Idk the MH is what everyone TOLD me to get because ESP's are SUPPOSED to be better. But then a lot of people tell me it's usually just a preference and nothing more.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
i found the shecter neck to be a bit... meh... when i tried it. i was excited to play it after reading everyone's like of it, but it disappointed me.

but its what you feel in the guitar. have you played both?? if you feel the extra 200-300$ is not worth it, and you are happy with the schecter, go for it. but don't choose hastily.
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Quote by aznrockerdude
Nope, it's just Schecter's way of making set-necks.
http://www.schecterguitars.com/index.asp
"Set neck w/ Ultra Access"

I was about to say.

"I COULD HAVE SWORN IT WAS A ****ING NECKTHRU!!!111"

Apparently I didn't even notice that was the way they made set necks lol. Ultra Access ftw!

@Connah: I think me wanting to go with the MH was acting hastily to be quite honest.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
btw the Hellraiser link you posted is a pretty good deal... why not that and use the rest on a good amp?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
btw the Hellraiser link you posted is a pretty good deal... why not that and use the rest on a good amp?

I'm gettin the rect-o-verb for xmas I was talkin about before and I have to SAVE UP for the next guitar. Yeah I'm working a job when school hits (summer went by so fast. I looked for a summer job and it was like August lol)
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
WILL YOU MAKE UP YOUR F***ING MIND?!?!?
My God, you're flightier than me when it comes to this s***
I've tried a few Schecter's and I have a M-1000 and EC-1000. I like ESP's because they have a really solid smooth feel to them that tells you your holding quality in your hands, it's kind of hard to explain but most other guitars feel kinda cheap to me.
Quote by Rockingbird
WILL YOU MAKE UP YOUR F***ING MIND?!?!?
My God, you're flightier than me when it comes to this s***

No need to a dick man. Jeez. What kinda pills you on recently? lol

EDIT: Seriously, money isn't something I just like to toss out the window. I like to MAKE SURE I'm making the right choices. In order to help confide myself I find it helpful to get a plethora of opinions.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Last edited by TheBodomBullet at Aug 19, 2008,
I would get the schecter but check out Jackson guitars, they are higher quality than both IMO
Quote by ironman1478
I would get the schecter but check out Jackson guitars, they are higher quality than both IMO

+1.

dunno. can't pronounce the name on the bottle

dunno. can't pronounce the name on the bottle

Touche lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon: