When restringing my friends strat when we tuned the strings they bridge pulled up off the guitar about 2 inches? How do we fix this?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
i dont think thats it, the bridge is up like it would be if you had the tremalo pushed to the guitar
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

turn the guitar over and tighten the trem screws or add a spring in the back cavity.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by lbj273
When restringing my friends strat when we tuned the strings they bridge pulled up off the guitar about 2 inches? How do we fix this?

2 inches? seems like a massive change in tension. you can add more springs at the back.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Ok so we figured out our problem. We were tuning based on a piano and my friend was playing me the notes an octave higher than what he should have been playing.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020