Page 1 of 2
St.Anger - especially that intro x_x lolz.
'I believe, that whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you... stranger.'

'Bearing down upon a path we chose, chosen from the start living different rules.
Existence, something to cherish true, will not succumb to doubts that i hold onto.'
A lot of the AJFA stuff, I'd say. Blackened, maybe?
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
most of their earlier stuff, the CD and justice for all has their most technically challenging. Dyer's Eve is a good choice
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Solo wise, Dyers Eve. As for rhythm, perhaps Eye of the Beholder? Depends I guess if you are comfortable chugging away with just down picking in insane speeds or not. Otherwise songs like Damage inc and Dyers Eve have extremely fast rhythm sections.
Blackened or Battery?
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Blackened cant be that difficult, I can play it... Seriously its not that hard, just fast down picking. The solo is one of the easier on AJFA.
Battery can be pretty difficult because of the whole galloping picking thing they got going on in the song and umm Fight Fire With Fire? frekin non stop alternate picking anyone? hahaha
I'd have to say either:

The Call Of Ktulu or To Live Is To Die.

Really long, with some heavy, fast solos, and good riffing.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
....and justice for all is clearly a very difficult song, theres a lot of changes and not to mention its also an awesome song.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
im always impressed when the solo for one comes on but i doubt it's the hardest song. never really played much metallica though. only listen to em
One was the first song I learned all the way through O_o
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
yeah i learned the whole of master of puppets, the most difficult part is the very first riff, da da da, da da da, da da da, da da da, da da da da

I can play the fast solo etc, but i just cant quite get that first riff to sound right!! One day, till then ill have to just keep practicing
RG's & Mesa's
hopw do you alternate pick on the bass strings lol its so damn hard fro master of puppets so i just play down strokes and get damn knackered
Easily For Whom The Bell tolls

Well its tricky to get that main riff part with the descending chords, but after you have that its pretty easy, although you need to spend some time with the lead guitar part.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
master of puppets + solo is incredibly easily once you get use to it....
i think ...and justice for all has the hardest stuff... blackened is pretty hard...
Quote by turtlewax
Well its tricky to get that main riff part with the descending chords, but after you have that its pretty easy, although you need to spend some time with the lead guitar part.

some people just don't get sarcasm.
Dyers Eve. My band wanted to cover that, its crazy. We decided to do Justice instead, which is still pretty difficult. I find a couple of riffs in Four Horsemen to be hard due to the fact that its only guitar playing, and there arent too many cues for when to come in, so when you are using a BT, its very frustrating. Blackened is also pretty hard, but after you get the main riff down, its smooth sailing up to the solo.
How come so many people find the rhythm to The Eye Of The Beholder difficult?
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
before i start i need to clear somthing up
for whom the bell tolls- rythem is easy the intro is done on a bass
st. anger- even more simpler its just done on a drop C

i think the hardest song is metal milita due to its raw speed
jesus is chasing me with a golf club!!!
Quote by rebornmaster9
before i start i need to clear somthing up
for whom the bell tolls- rythem is easy the intro is done on a bass
st. anger- even more simpler its just done on a drop C

...just don't get the whole "humor" thing do you?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Damage Inc IMO. The constant speed picking of the main riff it gets very tiresome.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
battery is a piece of piss, most difficult metallica songs: dyers eve, to live is to die
Equipment

Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Randall RG50TC
I've learned Metallica from Kill'em All, to Justice and easily the toughest one is Damage Inc. constant speed, agression, pick attack.

Actually yeah , I forgot how much of a bitch Dyers Eve is. That one is pretty tough, same reasons as Damage Inc, and maybe even a bit harder with faster and more rythym changes.
Last edited by DeanESPJackson at Aug 19, 2008,
I find AJFA hard just because its so long. i can't even feel my hands when i get to the solo.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by El Cumanés
Damage Inc IMO. The constant speed picking of the main riff it gets very tiresome.
Agree.

This song makes me want to stop playing guitar sometimes.

Incidentally, I didn't think it was so bad until I saw John Petrucci play it on a Dream Theater DVD. I didn't pick up all the idiosyncracies of it on the album but hearing and seeing it on that disc with Petrucci's tone (read: a VERY defined tone), there is a lot more to it that I first thought.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
dyers eve isn't the hardest song they have, just the most tiring because of the intro with constant picking. phantom lord was the song that was hardest to learn for some reason, the solo is really difficult, even though i hate it i learned anyway
Page 1 of 2