Hi all. i'm looking for a distortion pedal for my fender hr white lightning. i have a soapbar and a guitar with sd invaders. the tone i'm looking for is something meaty, yet clear. smooth, yet distinct. sort of a mix between synyster and slash i guess.

i've played boss md, ml, and mt 2's. md has too much fuzz, md is too muffled, mt is too shrill, and they all sound distant.

and i want under $150.

can i get what i want with just a distortion pedal, or do i need a compressor also?

or do i want a boss super od with a compresser? od has a more open tone like i'm looking for.

i have no prior effect experience, so lots of questions.
what
dude i would say stick with your amps distorion all i have ever got out of distorion pedals is head achs its either to much noise or they dont get loud enough id say try an overdrive pedal i use one to add a little maddness to my amps distortion

and even if you are lucky and find a pedal that works for you you will probally want to invest in a noise supressor
it will be the best 99 bucks you have ever spent
Since you're using a tube amp, you may want to try out something that works with tube amps, like a tube screamer or other od pedal.
Quote by timbre
Since you're using a tube amp, you may want to try out something that works with tube amps, like a tube screamer or other od pedal.

Distortion pedals work with tube amps - Joe Satriani is a prime example of great tone using a distortion pedal through a tube amp!
Yeah, try some overdrive pedals. Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss SD-1, Ibanez TubeScreamer.
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!