I have a macbook pro and I was looking to get one of those things that I plug one end into my comp and another in a second screen and I can see the stuff from my comp on that second screen (like a TV or bigger screen). Pretty bad description but do you know what it's called? I'm trying to buy one but I don't know what to look for.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

A dvi link I think.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
do you want dual screens? or just one bigger screen? you probably have a DVI or VGA out on the back of the laptop, and those would be best. google images will help you figure out which you have. if you don't have either of those (which would be weird) you might have s-video, which wouldn't be as good. again, use google images to figure out what you have, then go to the electronics store and ask for the appropriate cable
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
If you're looking to get an external monitor, then you need a DVI to DVI cable, and a monitor. Thats it. You plug them both in, then you go to system preferences and then go to display, than "External monitor" or something, then move the thing around to the way yours is set up.
Ah it's mainly for presentations I might have to make at school so I could just hook up my comp to the big projector in the room. I think I just need the VGA adapter. Thanks for the help guys.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!