Well, I've been having a major case of GAS lately. My mom is getting me a new guitar for Christmas (yes i know its still far away, unfortunately ) and i have spent quite a bit of time browsing. I know i want:
-Floyd rose trem
-EMGs if possible
-Neck through is nice but not necessary
-7 strings

And I was given a range of $500-$1000 (broad, i know )
Soooo, after a lot of searching I found out that there is in fact a 7 string version of the C-1 Hellraiser FR! I was wondering if any of you guys have or have tried the C-7 Hellraiser FR and what your opinions/comments on it are. The new '08 model has an Original Floyd Rose and EMG 81tw/89s.*

*I am not going to listen to anyone raving about Ibanez or ESP, or how bad Schecters are in comparison to other guitars. And I already have a decent amp.

Thanks for your help!
look into epi prophecy or whatever that SG with EMGs is called.
------------
Gibson SG 61 Reissue
Squier Bullet
Peavey Rage 158
Digitech Hot Head
Rocktron Short Timer Delay
Fender Tuner Pedal
Dude, i said i want a floyd rose. Plus i'd rather have the coil tapped EMGs anyways. Not to mention the Prophecy line isn't 7 string, either.
I'd rather have a jackson than the epiphone prophecy, anyway, same price.
*EDIT* That was to the first guy.
He said he wanted a 7 string and a floyd rose, the prophecy have neither of those options. Yes those prophecies look like really sweet guitars (I might be getting one as my next guitar even) but that's not what he's looking for. By the sound of it, you already nailed the choice guitar. I haven't played a C7 hellraiser FR, but I have played a hellraiser avenger (obviously), hellraiser C1, hellraiser C1 FR, and hellraiser C7 before. All of the hellraisers played very similarily to each other, so based on what I have played and I feel confident saying that the C7 FR hellraiser is probably one bad ass guitar.

EDIT: Damn I was late on that first part.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Quote by HighPotency
Alright sounds like i made a good choice! Thanks for your comments.

Dude we are the complete opposite at spending money. You're in debt from your LP and I'm well over my mark for my next piece of gear.

To stay on topic though, yes, it does sound like you've made a good choice.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
I do really find it amusing that you're "UG's guitar Know-it-all," and in your sig you have "Question about guitars? PM me." but yet you're asking us about what you should get. Irony ftw!
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
im lookin into the c-1 hellraiser fr, i played it and could NOT put it down. it was by far my fav guitar and for the price...my pants were soaked. the coil tap is the coolesd dame thing ever, and with the emg's and kickass trem. i have no idea on what kind of guitar can beat this while maintaining its tone.

oh and yes the neck thru truely is a good thing. it transferes tone so much beter and the sustain is goddamn unbelieveable. especially with schecters, ibanezes suck overall to schecters due that theyre necks are POORLY manufactuered.

anyways, yes get the schecter. great idea
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
The Loomis sig is another good bet, assuming you dont mind the whole signature guitar aspect of it. The hellraiser is a very solid guitar and should sound awesome.

Have you played a 7 before, i highly recommend getting some play time in with one before you commit to buying, some people just dont gel with the extra string.
the Schecter Jeff Loomis is basicly a customized C7 Hellraiser, and I tell you the Loomis simply blew me away! Go for the C7 Hellraiser FR 'cause it's simply an amazing guitar when it comes to sound/build quality/playability!

Good luck

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
You can't miss with either one. I own the Loomis and played the C-7 Hellraiser without floyd extensively today. Both are great playing guitars and look killer. The Loomis does have a little more attack with the ash body and maple neck and is simple with a single volume knob. The C7 has the coil taps and individual volume controls, tone control, and 3 way pickup selector.
Im saving for the same guitar! (with out fr tho) good choice bro
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
I currently own a Hellraiser 7, but I'm getting the Hellraiser 7 FR as well. Can't get over Schecter guitars.
If you're still paying back a guitar (a damn good one!), and have an AD30VT for an amp...why not focus on that?

But yes, the Schecter is awesome. Great specs, and great feel, all for a great price. :P

-Can
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Take a look at Carvin 727s and 747s. Custom made 7 strings with options for FR. No EMGs though and they take like 6 months to make.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by CrushedCan
If you're still paying back a guitar (a damn good one!), and have an AD30VT for an amp...why not focus on that?

But yes, the Schecter is awesome. Great specs, and great feel, all for a great price. :P

-Can

I'm just fine with the Vox. I got it just a few weeks ago too. This guitar will be a christmas gift. I currently have $185 to go toward paying off my les paul. The final payment is due March 28th of 2009 so i think i'll be good.
Take a look at Carvin 727s and 747s. Custom made 7 strings with options for FR. No EMGs though and they take like 6 months to make.

Like i said, i want opinions on this guitar, not suggestions. Thanks though
go for the schecter hellraiser, i have one, its the best guitar for metal. better than any emg, ibanez, jackson, etc that ive played
This Armor Plated Raging Beast
Born of Steal and Metal
It Will Survive Against All Odds
Stampeding On Forever...

Judas Priest- Heavy Metal
if you can get the schecter, get it, its a totally sick guitar, but if you cant id say an agile like this:
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1813.html
then replace the lfr with an ofr when the lfr goes bad
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
by god my good man i say get it and then send me the left over cash so i can also afford to buy a schecter c-7 hellraiser.
schecters are absolutely not bad in comparison to other guitars in the same price range

i love mine and i will never sell it, mayby ill get a second guitar in the future but i will allways keep this one
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard