Okay so ive been playing for about a year now and have made pretty good progress but i have one problem is that my gear isn't worth ****. I have a squier strat and a cheap $50 first act amp. Im looking to upgrade either my amp or my guitar but i kinda need an idea of what to get so i dont waste my money.

Some of the bands i like to play are: Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Killers, Coheed and Cambria, Rise Against, and The White Stripes

So if anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated.

P.s. Im looking to spend no more than $300 per item. Thanks
Any tube amp. I think Epiphone makes one under 3 bills these days
Make sure its all tube though, not just a preamp tube.
i have been playing for two years and have the same guitar, im actually pretty good but the first i suggest you change is amps. i like the roland cube series of amps they sound good and are in your price range and they have decent effects. and guitar you should look at an ibanez or a schecter but any thing with humbucker pick ups should work for the style of music you play
Quote by xcrunner#1

YES BUY IT NAO BEFORE THE SALE ENDS!!!

Srsly, that is the best amp for the price, right now.
Quote by imgooley
YES BUY IT NAO BEFORE THE SALE ENDS!!!

Srsly, that is the best amp for the price, right now.

Wasn't that same amp like $150 just the other day? or was that a different Vseries amp?
Edit: Wait,nvm it's the 18W version that's on sale for $150
Keeping it real since '92
Quote by Toolfan11
Wasn't that same amp like $150 just the other day? or was that a different Vseries amp?

The v18 112 is 150. The V18 212 is 200, and the v33 2x12 is 250. I think the head is 180.

GET IT NAO>.
It is a rather ridiculously good deal...

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.