Alright, title says pretty much it all. Now, don't just say "buy a new amp" because it's REALLY not that constructive. I have two amps, first is a Fender Frontman 25R (yeah, I'm poor, back off) and a Marshall VS15R, which is a hybrid amp that i understand is a discontinued model. Anyway, the fender tends to sound clearer, particularly in the clean channels (clearer, but not good at all) and the Marshall has a better sounding overdrive. However, the Fender's overdrive roughly sounds like my strings are covered in gravel and the Marshall sounds like I'm underwater when playing. The only way I've found around it is to over Treble/Mid my tone, and then it sounds so tinny i want to kill a baby. So, what are y'all's reccomendations?
The Gear:
Fender Frontman 25R
Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Ebony
eq it with the rp350 to smooth out the harshness?
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
eq it with the rp350 to smooth out the harshness?

Alright, that was kinda my first idea and I've been working with it for a week or so and I can't really get the EQ really right. It sounds better, I'm not gonna lie, but what are some of your guys' EQ setting ideas? Even trying to just boost the top end on the pedal without dropping the bass to 0 or negative settings still leaves some mud. I'm not that familiar with all of an EQ's potentials, remember, I'm only a padawan in the guitar world.
The Gear:
Fender Frontman 25R
Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Ebony
Id say check out the sonic maximizer. It might be a able to help you out a bit... I run it into my 6505 and it tends to tighten up my low end. Im not sure how it would effect your frontman though. Ive played through one of those at a party with a lot of gain and it sounded very muddy. Sonic maximizer might help but I doubt its going to be a golden ticket.
It may not be constructive, but the truth is that you have a couple of (putting it gently) not-so-hot amps there. Maybe you can save up some cash, sell those and your multi-effect, and get yourself something new. You don't have to go crazy - even something like a Roland Cube 30 or Vox AD30VT would be a big improvement.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.