I was just wondering if any one had actually gigged with their starter gear. I have actually played 10-15 gigs with my first act strat ripoff, through a borrowed peavy amp, for some school functions. So If you have, post your story, if you havent laugh at me for doing it. By the way I have actually gotted rid of all my starter gear about 2-3 months ago. Been playing for about 3 years now give or take a few months.
Quote by flames&guitars
I was just wondering if any one had actually gigged with their starter gear. I have actually played 10-15 gigs with my first act strat ripoff, through a borrowed peavy amp, for some school functions. So If you have, post your story, if you havent laugh at me for doing it. By the way I have actually gotted rid of all my starter gear about 2-3 months ago. Been playing for about 3 years now give or take a few months.
i did! My first three shows ever i had a 80 vinci strat copy, and a 40 dollar squier amp that only had 1, 5 inch speaker. I did ok though.
XD

I played at a hotel once, with my Epi G400 and an EXL-10 practice amp.

It was nice
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
I did, but my Fist Act guitar kicked (and still kicks) ass, and Ill gladly play it over many other name brand guitars.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Both of those stories are awesome, I played with the school band before games, the only guitarist, the biggest crowd I have played doing that, is probably 1000 people or more. I come from a small school of like 200 people and our basketball team was one game away from state. I didn't get booed so I must have been doing decent... I guess.
idk how i pulled it off but i played at a "rockoff" with all of the other bands from my school at my first gig with my squire strat and a line 6 pod pro with the most horrible EQ settings you can imagine. needless to say, after i heard the video, i was pretty embarrased at how i sounded :P. but it was my first gig after playing for just under a year. so, it happens.
hey, you played a gig, that's what really counts... which means you're already 100x more of a guitarist than someone who never gigs, and has thousands of dollars of gear that never leaves the house
out of here
i have gigged with my GSA60 ($200)... does that counts??
because in amp it wasn't actually a starter amp (Peavey valveking 112)
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
I gigged with a really bad LP copy a couple of times. I must've looked a total twat blowing into the jack and trying to make it work.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker