Why is the Gibson Les Paul iced Tea (just for instance) 1959 like two grand more then the VOS 1958? Is it that much more special cause of the flame top? or the instrumentation?
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
Because Gibson feels the need to overprice their products.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
How do you think a flamed top is acquired? They have to kill a baby panda and inseminate the maple top with its hair. Inseminate man. Do you even know what that is? No. And that's what makes it so expensive.
Quote by Habit Zero
How do you think a flamed top is acquired? They have to kill a baby panda and inseminate the maple top with its hair. Inseminate man. Do you even know what that is? No. And that's what makes it so expensive.

...oh.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
What is vos?
Very old stock?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Why? Because it says Gibson. I love Gibson... just wish they'd make good guitars, with good QC, and charge accordingly. Instead, they sometimes like to drop thos first two things and charge as if they didn't.

And VOS stands for Vintage Original Spec.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Because it's Gibson. It's what they do. I do love 50's LP's Tho...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Firstly, yes, the flame maple cap does add a lot of cost. A good AAAA flame top will always cost a lot, no matter what brand the guitar is from.

Secondly, the '59 has a thicker neck = more materials being used. It seems weird, but they can get two early 50's or 60's neck profile necks out of the same one piece of wood needed to make a single '59 neck.

Thirdly, the '59 LPs are regarded by the majority of people as being the very best Les Pauls there are, so just the fact it has a 9 instead of an 8 automatically is going to bump up the price, for the same reason why a low-end Gibson Studio often costs more than a higher quality Epiphone Elitist: names and prestige sell.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
^Actually a Gibson Studio isn't low end. Yeah sure it's stripped down visually. But it has all the other important parts of a Les Paul. However modern Gibsons feeling pretty meh often, I'd rather have an Epi if I got it new (used is a different story, I've yet to find a better LP compared to my '98 Studio)

But yeah, the '59 is more popular. More artists are associated with 1959 than with the 1958 for an example!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009