All of my friends who are pretty good at Guitar Hero cannot for the life of them play the fast tremolo-picked pedal-note licks. And I, who have hardly ever played the game (I don't even own an Xbox), can totally dominate those fast picking lines (e.g. Thunderhorse and Misirlou on Expert).

It's funny to me that non-guitarist Guitar Hero players just rely on down-picking their thumb on that measly piece of plastic even when they could cut their efforts in half with simple alternate picking.

I call on BS, since there's no connection between real guitar and GH.

Though if it's true, then congratulations.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik

Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
I know

I had to beat knights of cydonia for my little brother because he did the downpicking only thing
Quote by urik

Eh... I'd have no reason to lie about something as silly as this to The Pit. My picking motion is the same between guitar hero and real guitar. My wrist moves in the same way, using the same muscles. How is there not a connection?
this is true.
I have also tried using a pick but it wears down the plastic haha.
I also alt pick when I play GH.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
its easy for me like all my friends were flipping out over through the fire and flames and i can easily beat it
Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis
Quote by pwrmax
I still say mastering the real guitar doesn't help too much with guitar hero, it didn't work for Dave Mustaine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj9785W53lQ

That's not what I implied. All I'm saying is that I can dominate my Guitar Hero friends in the fast picking licks because I transferred my alternate picking technique from real guitar. They can still beat me at everything else.
ive noticed that a lot of people only downpick on guitar hero.

i dont understand it. its practically designed so that you alternate pick, yet a lot of people dont.
Quote by RPGoof
I 'downpick' for most of the time, but I 'alternate pick' on the fast lines...
I can downpick somewhat quickly.

that's how I do it and i'm pretty nasty at GH.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Yeah I 'alternate pick' when I play GH. Also I lol when my friends get sore picking hand wrists.
Quote by Mr. Awesome.
That's because GH only has to do with hand eye coordination

Uh, real guitar has to do with that too. Os no, GH has no bearing on anything.

Though a friend of mine says fapping helped his GH endevors.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
LOL i just realized, TS...
Look at me, I can do something on real guitar, but who cares, it pays off in a VIDEO GAME!

Quote by A Clever Name
Uh, real guitar has to do with that too. Os no, GH has no bearing on anything.

Though a friend of mine says fapping helped his GH endevors.

Not really, you can play guitar with your eyes closed, can't you?
That's one of the advantages I got from already being a guitarist. Since day one of Hard mode, I was playing all alternate picking.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Quote by RPGoof
Not really, you can play guitar with your eyes closed, can't you?

To be fair, there are some people that can do the same with guitar hero.

Guitar has made me worse at guitar hero because I'm an economy picker. Economy does not work in guitar hero at all.
Hahaha, my friends who play guitar hero but not real guitar strum using their entire arm and their thumb.