I really like what I've got so far, but you know that thing where you begin to wonder if you've stole you're song from somewhere...I'm getting that right now. If not what you think so far lol

ps. the verse is on repeat 99x as i'm using the loop to jam over for ideas and such, it's obviously not intended to be like that in the end :p
Attachments:
GP Track.zip
Well it's only 8 bars, but it's a good 8 bars

And technically 99% of all ideas are "stolen" from somewhere else. What we write is a direct result of the music we like/listen to and learn. Basically what I'm saying is, don't worry about that, all is well unless you actually set out to intentionally steal someone elses music. Beyond that it's just a matter of combining all your influences to make it your own.

All the repeats inspired me to jam over this one. Some great melodic possibilities here. Make it a full song already
yea, thanks. A few people just told me it was very 'familiar sounding' which got me thinking. I'll have it completed soon probably, i'm working round with that Am9 chord. I played it one day and istantly heard this song in my head.
Quote by ray555
yea, thanks. A few people just told me it was very 'familiar sounding' which got me thinking. I'll have it completed soon probably, i'm working round with that Am9 chord. I played it one day and istantly heard this song in my head.

Most arpeggio based rhythms have a familiar sound. To me it's kinda got a similar feel to many of the songs off Opeths Damnation album.

Still you've got so much room to work with, and so many directions that you could take the song. You could listen to any of my songs, or even better any song posted here, and probably in each song you'd hear something familiar to it, and chances are if you didn't, you probably wouldn't like the song much anyway

Did I mention it's awesome to jam over? You can get a really cool F lydian vibe going.
Quote by icronic
Most arpeggio based rhythms have a familiar sound. To me it's kinda got a similar feel to many of the songs off Opeths Damnation album.

Still you've got so much room to work with, and so many directions that you could take the song. You could listen to any of my songs, or even better any song posted here, and probably in each song you'd hear something familiar to it, and chances are if you didn't, you probably wouldn't like the song much anyway

Did I mention it's awesome to jam over? You can get a really cool F lydian vibe going.

lol i've been playing around in F lydian too a lot, i always return to that after shifting the lead tone around