can anyone recommend me an amp for LTD F-50 guitar? i like to mostly play metal. The cheaper, the better
Micro cube, though I don't know why you want to skimp out on an amp so much.

You can rent a $350 amp for only like $30 a month.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
cheap can be annoying.... a spider II has a nice metal tone and you can find them cheap since the spider III is out.
Gear
-----------
LTD M-1000 (soon)
LTD EC-400
LTD F-50
Spider II 112
Quote by rokat91
cheap can be annoying.... a spider II has a nice metal tone and you can find them cheap since the spider III is out.

Spider III's are the bottom of the average heap from all the hate it gets around here. Idk. Well cept my carpy ol crate (yes aware of sp).
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by Rockingbird
Any of the AD series Vox's Should do you wonders. Try the AD15VT or the AD30VT.

I'm glad we brought this up.

Vox usually tends to be a jack of all trades when it comes to the good ones. Very solid in most aspects. I like teh ones wit teh builtz in effectz!!!!
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
i only play guitar as hobby and i am only 16 so money is very big problem for me. i just want to practice and play, i just want it to sound decent.

Why everyone hate one Spider III? the guy at local store said it the best Amp in that range of money
I am 17 and money is no problem for me, maybe you should get a job.
Gear
well, even if i do have the money, i am NOT willing to spend more than 500 dollars for my gears cause i need money to do other stuff. I just bought the F-50 brand new today and that cost me 300 already... as i said, i just want something decent to play with for fun and pass the time
Then just buy a microcube.

Its like $99 and its actually pretty good.
Gear
i am having mix feeling between microcube and spider III, which one is better for my guitar?
Well, if you want a good amp for 200 bucks, try the Vox AD15.

Spider=no
Cube= maybe, if you don't care about cleans or mid gain at all.

Also: your guitar will sound fine through a good amp. The Spider doesn't sound good with any guitar.
The new vox valvetronix ad--xl line is aimed at more high gain stuff. I got my AD30VT used for $150 and the XLs are like $30 cheaper so you could probably get one cheap used. The regular VT series is good too.
I have the 15 watt Spider III. I don't care for it, mainly because it aggravates me that every time I turn it on it goes back to the pre-set levels instead of staying where I left it. In terms of tone, nothing sounds great, but it's fine for a beginner or for just practicing. If you screw with it enough, you can find plenty of pleasing tones, especially high gain tones. My biggest complaint about the sound is that I could never get that slightly overdriven "crunch" out of it.

However, if I was in the market for that type of amp now, I'd definately give the Peavey Vyper a try. The general consensus is that it's set the new standard for modeling amps.
Roland Cube 30.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
i have a 75 watt spider II that cost only 200 dollars. it is a great deal and cant complain about the value. I cant get a very nice "insane" tone and i play in drop a. so it handles what i throw at it but i dont like any of the other settings besides the clean or insane and the effects are not that great. i havent messed with a spider III or the spider valve series but they are not very different.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Line-6-Spider-II-112-Amplifier-75-WATTS-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ280257136360QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280257136360&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Gear
-----------
LTD M-1000 (soon)
LTD EC-400
LTD F-50
Spider II 112