Poll Options
View poll results: Which is easier to play
Real Guitar
83 39%
Guitar Hero/Rock Band
126 60%
Voters: 211.
Page 1 of 2
Which is easier to play. A real guitar, or a videogame played with a plastic toy guitar. You be the judge.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
With guitar hero, you have 1 string and 5 frets. And it doesn't hurt your fingers when you first start playing.

Seriously? Did I even need to type that? ^^
Screw guitar hero.. It doesnt show the real effects..
The GUITAR is your wife/husband and u shud always use it
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
I like the three people who undoubtedly assumed the poll question was "Which is better?" and voted real guitar.

EDIT: Ten people now? ****, people, learn to read.
Last edited by Castlebravo at Aug 19, 2008,
Quote by gavz_verdikt

Our honey moon involved wire cutters and blood....

those were the days.
If real guitar is easier, lemme see a GH kid who knows NO guitar play 99% of those solos. Especially the sweep picking. Even on expert it's not THAT hard. not nearly as hard as it really is to sweep, say, a five-string arpeggio. GH is easier hands down.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Quote by gavz_verdikt

But my guitar is never in the kitchen
one's not real

it's like saying driving a car or playing gran turismo.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Real guitar... because of the fact that it's an actual musical instrument, there are patterns that you can get to know and understand, not just pushing colored buttons when the screen tells you to
Quote by SHEEM
If guitar is sex, then Guitar Hero is fap.

you are so right
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Yeah, I agree with that.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SHEEM

no, If guitar is Sex, then Guitar hero is touching your penis once, then screaming like a little bitch and never doing it again.

Guitar is way harder. I could master a song like Glasgow Kiss on guitar hero in a matter of weeks, it would take months, maby longer, on a Real guitar. and thats WITH 3 years prior experience.
Quote by NGD1313
I voted guitar is easier. Through the Fire and Flames on expert. Fuuuuccck.

Facts : All GH songs are based on real songs, and thus involve real guitar as a main source. All GH songs are a translation of real chords, solos and arpeggios into computer language sent to your screen, and to which you need to respond by pushing five buttons while doing up-and-down movements with your right hand accordingly.

Facts : Sweep picking, tremolo picking or shredding will always be logically harder on a real guitar than on a copy, an imitation of it. Not to mention the fact of COMPOSING the songs they're used for in the first place, something that can only happen on a real guitar (God, I shouldn't even need to type that).

Fact : There can't be ANY comparison between GH and real guitar, EVER. Just no. In other words, GTFO.

(Harsh words intended)
The stupidest thing I ever seen... you don't need a great technique to press a button :S
Quote by Astyan

Facts : All GH songs are based on real songs, and thus involve real guitar as a main source. All GH songs are a translation of real chords, solos and arpeggios into computer language sent to your screen, and to which you need to respond by pushing five buttons while doing up-and-down movements with your right hand accordingly.

Facts : Sweep picking, tremolo picking or shredding will always be logically harder on a real guitar than on a copy, an imitation of it. Not to mention the fact of COMPOSING the songs they're used for in the first place, something that can only happen on a real guitar (God, I shouldn't even need to type that).

Fact : There can't be ANY comparison between GH and real guitar, EVER. Just no. In other words, GTFO.

(Harsh words intended)

I'd like to see you beat Through the Fire and Flames on expert. Noob.
I voted real guitar just to piss everyone off.

Every time I see all the hate for Guitar Hero on this forum I have the same reaction, a loud, over-exaggerated sigh followed by rolling my eyes because of how stupid it is.
~Heads Will Roll
Throats Will Be Slit
Blood Will Flow Like Spring Of Water!~

Quote by john_latchem
Speed Emblem = winnar!
Quote by NGD1313
I'd like to see you beat Through the Fire and Flames on expert. Noob.

I suspect blatant flaming.

I hope so.

"OMG BEATING TEH DF SONG IN EXPERT IS BR00TALZ!!!11!!1!1!1!"

Try Soothsayer by Buckethead. Animate Inanimate by John Petrucci. Fatal Tragedy by Dream Theater. Ants of the Sky by Between the Buried and Me. Forest of October by Opeth. In the Wordless Chamber by Emperor. Andalusia by Joe Satriani. Rylynn by Andy McKee. And so on.

But yeah, I think you're just flaming. ^^
I dunno, some songs I find to be blatantly hard on GH purely for the sake of being difficult and for that reason they are sometimes easier to play on real guitar. On the other hand, a lot of songs are the opposite.
Quote by Speed Emblem
I voted real guitar just to piss everyone off.

Every time I see all the hate for Guitar Hero on this forum I have the same reaction, a loud, over-exaggerated sigh followed by rolling my eyes because of how stupid it is.

+1 I bet at least half the people that bitch about Guitar Hero are just pissed 'cause they suck at guitar and hate seeing their friends get more respect for being good at Guitar Hero.
Quote by Aftertime
one's not real

it's like saying driving a car or playing gran turismo.

Exactly, this guy has it.

Doesn't anyone realise Guitar Hero is a simulation and not an insult to guitar players. It's exactly the same as a driving game is nothing like driving or a shooter game is nothing like real combat. It's like comparing apples and oranges, while they have a similar concept, they are totally different and incomparable. It's really the self-indulgent gamers that give it that impression. That being said, it's still a stupid game.

Real guitar is much harder and takes years to perfect. It takes soul, emotion and the acquired skill of a musical instrument. Guitar Hero is just mindlessly pressing buttons.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
It's funny to read people complaining about GH being bashed. Personally, I've had a lot of fun on GH3 with my friends.

But GH players started the whole GH vs real guitar debate, often directly or by implying that mastering some random song on Expert mode was somewhat close in difficulty than playing the sweep picking intro of Ants of the sky (just an example, although most GH fan won't know what I'm talking about). Being good at GH is not bad, beating some songs on expert is impressive. But it is as impressive as some pro gamer on CS, or the world champion of Gran Turismo improving his best time on Laguna Seca. It is not art, it is not music, it is a video game. Period.
Quote by SHEEM

orly?

But srsly, guitar is more difficult to master. If anyone can truly master it.
to all guitar hero players

get someone to teach u how to read tabs pick up a real guitar and then trying playing along to it

oh and since its real guitar 99% is still considered to be fail
Quote by darkstar2466
Leniency? In the metal forum? This is unheard of. People get massacred here for just walking by.
31.82% of Pit Monkeys are completely stupid.
Guitar is easier for guitar players.
Guitar Hero is easier for non-guitarists.
But in reality, Guitar Hero is easier.
**** i acidentally said real guitar
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
guitar hero is harder cuz you gota ll those notes comin towards u and ****.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
okay fire and the flames...1 year to get up to that level on hero...real guitar would take 10 years normally (i can hear all the shred kids saying i can after2....thats cos you play sloppy and dont realise it)
I find real guitar to be easier. There are a lot of songs and solos that I cant play on guitar hero but I can on a real guitar. Maybe I dont play it enough...
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
I mean I personally find real guitar easier, but that's because I don't play Guitar Hero really and I find it wasteful. I mean it's not an all around bad phenomena because it DOES expose good songs to large audiences, but it shouldn't ever be a substitute for real instruments and real instrument playing.
Quote by Agent Paul Smecker
They had no idea what they were in for. Now they're staring at six men with guns drawn. It was a f***ing ambush.
This was a f***ing bomb dropping on Beaver Cleaverville. For a few seconds, this place was Armageddon!
There was a firefight!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I beg to differ

I don't beg anyone to differ, I am DIFFER without permission...

*cough*

Yeah this is a useless thread...so...I guess any more posts are really just uh...fillers...

Quote by Agent Paul Smecker
They had no idea what they were in for. Now they're staring at six men with guns drawn. It was a f***ing ambush.
This was a f***ing bomb dropping on Beaver Cleaverville. For a few seconds, this place was Armageddon!
There was a firefight!
Page 1 of 2