Visited my friend in Hollywood a couple years ago. He works in the vintage section of the Hollywood Guitar Center and took me to their "vault" upstairs. I only have this one pic, but I also got to play Stevie Ray Vaughns "Blackie" and some very nice vintage guitars that won't be for sale. This PRS played like butter

Quote by Hadalet
I only have this one pic, but I also got to play Stevie Ray Vaughns "Blackie"

Eric Clapton's Blackie. Stevie Ray Vaughan's Lenny.
Last edited by ShaunDiel at Aug 19, 2008,
Hey I love Carlos Santana lol.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
If that's true... I hate you and friend. All the fires in hell could not equal my hatred and envy. Drown in a vat of semen.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Quote by ShaunDiel
Eric Clapton's Blackie. Stevie Ray Vaughan's Lenny.

Thanks for the correction . Claptons Blackie!
Quote by Free to Guitar
If that's true... I hate you and friend. All the fires in hell could not equal my hatred and envy. Drown in a vat of semen.

He still works there. Next time you're in Hollywood GC ask for "Killer". If he has the time, he might show it to you. Get that vat ready if he doesn't though
Hot damn, im gonna be there on Friday. i love their vintage section.
i remember I got to play this 1954 Gibson acoustic at the guitar center in south bay. it was in a case and it was open...called out to me. then the manager (who i knew from previous trips) came and took it out, jammed for a bit then handed it to me and left. hahaha, serious jamming ensued.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Quote by Hadalet
He still works there. Next time you're in Hollywood GC ask for "Killer". If he has the time, he might show it to you. Get that vat ready if he doesn't though

Slightly less hate. Slightly.

And don't you worry about that vat. I spent years filling it, I won't get rid of it anytime soon.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Quote by Hadalet

Jeez. Only hardcore parents name their sons "Killer". I'd tread lightly before asking for him....
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
I never really liked the PRS Dragon(s); all that mother of pearl just ruins an otherwise beautiful maple top.

Not to mention the fact that you could buy a Conklin custom guitar with whatever you want on/in it and still have change from the amount of money one of those would cost you.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I never really liked the PRS Dragon(s); all that mother of pearl just ruins an otherwise beautiful maple top.

Not to mention the fact that you could buy a Conklin custom guitar with whatever you want on/in it and still have change from the amount of money one of those would cost you.

You don't buy a guitar like that for value or playability. Something like that only has (a lot of) value to collectors. Complaining about the lack of features on a 20K is pointless because any person who spends that kind of money on a guitar isn't going to care.
Quote by T!AN
You don't buy a guitar like that for value or playability. Something like that only has (a lot of) value to collectors. Complaining about the lack of features on a 20K is pointless because any person who spends that kind of money on a guitar isn't going to care.

I don't buy a guitar as a collectors item; as far as I'm concerned a guitar is to be played and nothing else and that wouldn't change even if I was earning £5,000,000 an hour for doing nothing all day.

Buying a guitar as a collectors item is just taking wood and pickups away from people who might actually want to use them.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.