So I'm gonna be playing in a stoner metal band in college, and I'm trying to think of a useful pedal. I play an Ibanez GSR200 through a Gallien-Kruger Backline 200w 2x10. The distortion is brutal enough that I won't be needing an overdrive anytime soon. And I also have a Digitech Digidelay and a BYOC tremolo pedal. Would I want my next purchase to be a compressor, EQ, wah, or another kind of modulation?
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!
I personally prefer a nice Wah pedal but I'm not sure what you want.
Do you want a wah?
do you want a chorus?
Do you need better EQ?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
I've always said - if you don't know what you want, you don't need... a bacon sandwich.

Get a mid-cheap multi-fx pedal. Play around with it. That'll answer all questions.

And you TOTALLY stole my eye of Sauron avatar from a few months back.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
get a fish n' chips eq it'll give u the sound u want also a compressor would be useful
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
Quote by thefitz
I've always said - if you don't know what you want, you don't need... a bacon sandwich.

Get a mid-cheap multi-fx pedal. Play around with it. That'll answer all questions.

And you TOTALLY stole my eye of Sauron avatar from a few months back.

I hate multi-fx and will never stoop to buying one. And I've used the eye of Sauron as my avatar since 2003 on GTA Warehouse.
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!
Quote by thedude97
I hate multi-fx and will never stoop to buying one. And I've used the eye of Sauron as my avatar since 2003 on GTA Warehouse.

LIES!

Anyway, I'm not saying use the MultiFX forever - I'm just saying use one until you get some face time with all the effects and know which ones are right for you. Then, trade the pedal in for the real deals. You might hate MultiFX, but you might hate the effect you'll buy too, and chances are there's gonna be just one sound outta that one.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i totally agree with fitz, get a multifx to play around with so u know what sort of fx u want to get, sort of like a trial thing.
sounds to me like your looking for a solution before you have a problem. id say talk to your band mates, see what kind of effect they think might be most benificial to the sound of the band. personally i would say an EQ because you can never have to much tone shaping or compressor if your going to be recording
this is my song. i made it out of music. please help it grow big and strong by criticising it mercilessly
I fell in love with the Little Big Muff...sorry, but it stole my heart away. I am completely biased. Anesthesia.....For Whom the Bell Tolls...
Line 6 Bass pods are pretty handy...
Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!
Quote by fishbass
oh no, not with fitz on the thread!

whats he gonna do, castrate the guy for playing a pedal he enjoys playing with, geez
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
I'm gonna have to say get a Boss Bass Limiter/enhancer

Can't go wrong with that

Stables everything out really well

and I have a Boss Chorus, works wonders

I usually hate digitech, not a fan of most things digital sounding, but I have heard their Bass chorus is really good, more so of a chilly bright chorus, more standoutish than the warm subtle Boss Bass Chorus.

Havn't tried one yet, but would work great for a Stoner Break down.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"

whats he gonna do, castrate the guy for playing a pedal he enjoys playing with, geez

Entirely feasible.

And I'd always recommend a good EQ pedal, they can be used in every song and work in every song, rather than potentially only getting used occasionally.