my friend and i are stumped on a reference to the beatles in the movie across the universe, when max and jude first get the apartment with sadie, they look out the window and see a brick wall with a couple windows in it, does anyone know what this is? it seems as though its a reference to album art. but i dont know...

does anyone??
Quote by Fuzzycows5157
Rhode Island
It is neither a Road, nor an Island. Discuss
It is a reference to their most popular album, The Wall.

Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
John Lennon once leaned against a wall that sounds similar to the one you described. Perhaps that is it?
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Wiki says:

The camera shot outside of Jude and Max's apartment shows four windows. The windows represent the four members of The Beatles. One window is rusted and dirty with broken glass, meant to represent George Harrison and his tumultuous life. A second window is shown in the light with its shutters open, meant to represent Paul McCartney. This second window is casting a shadow over the third window. This third window, meant to represent John Lennon and placed in darkness by the second window's shadow, features an Asian-appearing woman in the window. This woman represents Yoko Ono and how she became the center of John Lennon's life. Finally the fourth window, with its shutters closed and being smaller than the others, represents Ringo Starr, who was the most reserved of the band members.

Maybe?
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
Quote by SnowballofDoom
Wiki says:

The camera shot outside of Jude and Max's apartment shows four windows. The windows represent the four members of The Beatles. One window is rusted and dirty with broken glass, meant to represent George Harrison and his tumultuous life. A second window is shown in the light with its shutters open, meant to represent Paul McCartney. This second window is casting a shadow over the third window. This third window, meant to represent John Lennon and placed in darkness by the second window's shadow, features an Asian-appearing woman in the window. This woman represents Yoko Ono and how she became the center of John Lennon's life. Finally the fourth window, with its shutters closed and being smaller than the others, represents Ringo Starr, who was the most reserved of the band members.

Maybe?

Party Pooper.
Quote by Sir Anonymous
Physical Graffiti?

you make me cry..
Quote by Fuzzycows5157
Rhode Island
It is neither a Road, nor an Island. Discuss
Quote by SnowballofDoom
Wiki says:

Maybe?

Are they inferring that George Harrison was a rusty window?
Quote by Agent Paul Smecker
They had no idea what they were in for. Now they're staring at six men with guns drawn. It was a f***ing ambush.
This was a f***ing bomb dropping on Beaver Cleaverville. For a few seconds, this place was Armageddon!
There was a firefight!