A few days ago, my house got robbed. Among the things stolen was my new amp, an Orange Crush 30R, which sucked but thankfully the parents have insurance so I have some money for a new one. I was planning to get another Crush until today while I was in my local music store I saw a Peavey Bandit 112, second hand, for $399 (New Zealand dollars). That would leave some money over for a decent chorus pedal and some other effects. However, in my short time with it I enjoyed the Crush, although I was a bit uncertain if it had the grunt for future gigs.
Should I get another Crush, or the Bandit, a chorus pedal and put the rest in my Digitech Whammy fund? I play mostly alternative/punk rock, some metal and more recently a bit of dream pop and shoegaze. I have my own effects so I'm not too worried about distortion, but since I use clean for some songs I need a good clean sound.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
What's your max price cap? And how do NZD translate into USD for amp prices?
Try the Crate line they have a nice 65 watt model. So it'll have the balls you need for future gigging. It gives great tones both clean and distorted. They're cheap too. Maybe look into a Digitech Sound Processor. GNX-1, 2, or 3 (They're the old ones, they have newer stuff as well.) But the older ones are still available at stores.
I'm not interested in any other models. It's either the Crush or the Bandit. But I've played a Crate 65W, and I hated it.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
It's against my better judgement to pick either of those, is there some specific reason it has to one of those?
Not really, its just that thinking of too many others just confuses the situation. I'm not totally closed minded, so if anyone has any totally mind blowing ideas I'm open to them. Just NO Roland Cubes or Crates, cause I've played through them both and I hate them both.
Quote by Cathbard